10,000 trips in a Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2015, 10:17 AM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
10,000 trips in a Scamp

Unfortunately, I am not talking about actual camping trips. But instead trips in and out of that little bitty door while working on my old Scamp. To be fair, it was camp-ready and we used it after only the first few hundred in and outs. The rest have been to continue my rolling restoration/improvement/modernization program.

I do sometimes manage to squeeze in the occasional camping excursion between "work days". In any event, the Scamp keeps me off the streets and out of trouble, with the added benefit of simultaneously eliminating any excess that might show up in the budget.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #2

Name: Heather
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
Registry
I've knocked my head several times through that itty bitty door. I know width isn't the issue, either I'm getting taller or that door is getting smaller...

I will say that a 13fter can hold 3dogs (2lg mutts and a Dane) within that little fiberglass shell...and sometimes in the same bed on those chilly camping nights.

This summer I have been off-grid and tiny housing it in my little old Scamp. It is an experience and only meant for the brave hearted... Even my semi grown children have embraced the tiny home life style...but do admit that a little bigger is the "better" way to go...I will have to agree with my children on that, as I just had a 28fter dropped here at summer camp.

Now the Scamp can have my full attention in finishing its rehab... Fresh inner paint, do something about those ugly cabinet doors and lastly the pin striping.

Maybe come next summer season I'll get a few classic motor shows in!
noyes1630 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp