10 x 10 canopy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #21

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
E-Z Up Rules

Yes, they cost more, but you can get replacement parts and new canopies for almost any EZ-up, try that at WalMart etc. after you bend a $3.00 brace or a $.50 latch breaks.

We have a more than 12 year old E-Z Up Express-II "Circus Style", a true 10X10 that, although a bit of a bear to put up, has lasted year in and year out with only a new white canopy about 6 years ago, and that still looks like new. We used it at the Lake Casitas event last week. And we also have a new 12x12 Sierra-II slant leg, that while a lot easier to put up, is not as robust as the older canopy.

Check the E-Z Up website (ezup.com) store for specials and demo units as well as spare parts for almost any canopy they ever made.

And just because they are also right here in beautiful downtown Riverside, doesn't color my opinion whatsoever, they are just the best.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
For the record, the FirstUp also has the ventilated canopy top. This does come in handy when it's windy. Most WalMarts have the FirstUps on sale in the fall and I've seen them as low as $74.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Alice you may if your going to be camping in areas with sand were its hard to get a stake to stay in, consider buying some leg weight plates for keep it from flying away,
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #24

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
This is what we are planning to get for this next summer. There is a you tube showing how easy it is to set up(and we hope that it really is that easy)

Coleman - 15 ft. x 13 ft. Screened Canopy

We like to have the screen room type so we can set it over the table at the camp sight( our SIL hates bugs) but it takes at least 2 people(3 or 4 better) to set it up then lift it over the table so when it is just us we never use it. We think the coleman one will get a lot more use because we can use it when we go alone.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #25

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Here's my solution to outdoor space. It's a Coleman Classic Awning that I attach to the case for our box awning. The down side is that it's not available in the US. I had to order it from the UK. It seems like the US doesn't have the really neat stuff that's available in Europe and the UK.
Attached Thumbnails
SSL22256.jpg  
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #26

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Ron,
Your awning looks like the Thermarest awning I had on my T@da
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00016.jpg   DSC00063.jpg  

DSC00567.JPG  
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #27

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Hubby and I just returned from a rally where we set up our EZ UP 10X10. Only would call it an EZ UP if you have the 4 people to be at each leg when raising. We have a vintage 1974 stick and its canvas awning isnt very easy to put up. Got a great price $40.00 on our EZ Up @ a Pep Boys auto store. We had camped for a week and was glad we put it up but wouldnt for just a few days.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #28

You didn't mention which EZ-Up model you were using but, in any event, as the smallest EZ-Up, the 10x10 Sierra-II, lists for $125, any genuine EZ-up for $40 is a bargain.

Our E-Z-Up 10x10 "Express-II" (now called the "Enterprise-II) is really more of a commercial model designed for extended use.

Even including the time to reinstall the fabric each time, two of us erected it at last weeks Lake Casitas event in about 10 minutes, take down is about the same and, on occasion, I have put it up by myself in about 15 minutes.

Our 12x12 "Sierra-II" is a consumer model and goes up with 1 or 2 people in less than 5 minutes. You just have to walk around the perimeter as you put it up to pull the legs out and extend them
EZ UP Sierra II Instant Shelter

After you do it a few times you find the easiest way.

Just asking, are you sure it is a genuine EZ-Up?

Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #29

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
We use a Easy up type, but we use 4 cork screw type dog anchor and ratchet tiedowns, holds it just fine
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #30

Also useful are 4 five gallon plastic buckets filled with water or sand and tied to the legs with cord.