Ontario
Online Catalogue

Name:   12V_jack.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  3.9 KB

For those of you who like gadgets.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
It may be a gadget to some, but I wouldn't go camping without mine.

I use it to :

1) Change tires,
2) Adjust brakes,
3) Rotate tires, and
4) Relevel Casita when camped on soft ground.

CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I 'had' thought of buying 4 of these for our trailer, but the combination size of 4 of these would be probititive. What we've opt' for instead is 4 used (auto dismantler's special!!) Honda car jacks. I have cut the end off where the crank handle would normally fit in and welded on a 3/4 in nut. We have a Sears 18. whatever V. sized assortment of tools including a portable flourescent light and a vacuum which we always carry anyway. The lugnuts on the Trillium are 3/4 as well. I have welded a 3/4 in high impact socket to an extension to fit in the end of the drill. Now I have four portable jacks which I can place where best suited and an electrical lift sysyem to use with them. Changing flats is no longer an issue as jack(s) can be placed where best suited. All for of these jacks p(lus the drill with attachments) fits into a home made polished aluminum box (with no lid) that we keep right inside the door while traveling. This box is always the FIRST item out of the trailer when we get a spot AND the box, when empty plays double duty for the Trailer Goddess as we use the inverted box (the side with no lid) as a step for SHE, who is also 'vertically challanged' with her demeur (do I merit marks for NOT saying 'SHORT'???) little nubbies!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #4

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
SHE, who is also 'vertically challanged' with her demeur (do I merit marks for NOT saying 'SHORT'???) little nubbies!!!
This vertically challenged individual thinks thatthere is the distinct potential that you may perhaps be, how can I say this ... spelling challenged. Unless of course the left coast spells things differently.

CD Smith ... I own two of the manual versions of this "gadget". In addition to your uses, I've found mine very helpful where the ground is uneven and one or more of the regular levelling jacks is just too darned tall to get under the frame.

Roy
Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
This vertically challenged individual thinks thatthere is the distinct potential that you may perhaps be, how can I say this ... spelling challenged. Unless of course the left coast spells things differently.

CD Smith ... I own two of the manual versions of this "gadget". In addition to your uses, I've found mine very helpful where the ground is uneven and one or more of the regular levelling jacks is just too darned tall to get under the frame.

Roy
Well, for starters LOL, out here, on the BEST COAST its called Toranna
Old 04-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #6

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
I, also have two of the recycled Honda jacks at less than 1/4 the cost of one of the electric ones. Doug, I like the idea of welding a nut on the end of the shaft that matches the wheel lugs. Right now I'm using the rod with a crook that came with the jack and an extra drill brace that I had in the workshop. Sometimes it can be a bit awkward depending on terrain. I usually carry a socket set so adding my cordless wouldn't be too much extrato take along. As long as I remember to charge it up before leaving home.
" SHE" says that I have a mind like a sieve. I think that vertically challenged may better than memory challenged. EH?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #7

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
" SHE" says that I have a mind like a sieve. I think that vertically challenged may better than memory challenged. EH?
Having a "senior moment" is apparently socially acceptable in this day and age.

Too bad I have not hit that point in life where it is an acceptable excuse,
that leaves me both vertically and memory challenged.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #8

Registry
James, we get soo much usage of our 'system' that now we take two batterys and the charger along. You might find the drill system a little weak unless you have good, fully charged power source.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #9

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Guess that I'll stick to the hand drill. It's almost like having a speed wrench and I'll still keep the weight down. We don't usually have hydro so not much sense carrying a charger.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #10

Registry
Well James What Can I Say ?? Whatever Turns Your Crank...