13' Scamps bed size - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #21

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
omg, I had no idea that Scamp had 44" and 54" beds. I thought they were all the same size as in mine, which I just measured, and it is 44" and definitely TOO small for two of us. But this is good to know, now I realize that it's not that we can't manage in a Scamp, it's that we would need a Scamp with the 54" bed. So now I want to get a 16' Scamp. And of course that means a different TV. Sigh.
DogHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #22

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghaus View Post
omg, I had no idea that Scamp had 44" and 54" beds. I thought they were all the same size as in mine, which I just measured, and it is 44" and definitely TOO small for two of us. But this is good to know, now I realize that it's not that we can't manage in a Scamp, it's that we would need a Scamp with the 54" bed. So now I want to get a 16' Scamp. And of course that means a different TV. Sigh.

Keep in mind.... I was told you can only get the 54" bed in the "Deluxe" 16'. I have the 13' Deluxe with the 54" bed, and would not want to go smaller. I really like the Scamp that I have, and the interior setup but wish it was a 16' for a little added space.
God's Country, Minnesota
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Red face Some Thoughts & Questions & a little Sacrilege.

Doghaus, I didn't know about the option of getting wider beds in Scamps either when we ordered. Didn't find out about them until much later on this forum.

Likewise, In 2005, I just happened to see a receiver hitch on a Scamp when visiting the factory. Asked them about it & yes, you could order one for $50. Wasn't listed on the option list. We ordered one.

I checked for an option listing for a 54" bed (just the other day), couldn't fine it listed anywhere I looked. It's not the easiest site to find out about what one can get.

Before you jump into buying a new 16' Scamp Deluxe Wood to get the larger bed. Try sleeping head to toe in the one you have. It really does give much more elbow room.

Haven't had any problem in kicking each other either. I was somewhat concerned about that at first.

However, the 16' gives more room overall & comes with a larger fridge: 4.6 cubic foot refrigerator. Which my wife really wanted.

The Side Dinette Table is neat as well. Front Shower is nice to have. We use it a lot.

Are the Deluxe Wood Scamps heavier then the Standards? Just curious.

If one can get a Standard 13' Scamp with the 54" bed. It would seem they are now making the molded counters or whatever it takes to put the bed into a 13'. Why couldn't these same molded fiberglass counters and/or whatevers be used to do the same thing in a 16' Scamp? Maybe someday, one can get wider beds in them both.

This larger (than 16') Fun Finder 189 FBS's Floor Plans seems to be pretty neat.

Or the Fun Finder F-189 FDS, which is similar. Both Exterior Length - 18' 9" & Exterior Width - 7'.

Fun Finder 189 FBS is a nice little trailer as seen on this & quite a bit larger than our Scamp. I wouldn't mind having one. However, the shower space might be tighter than what we have in the Scamp.

I know Sacrilege! But At my age, the Scamp will likely outlast me by decades. So having a Stick Built would last long enough for me. Ha!

Not likely to get rid of the Scamp, however, the added room would be nice in allowing us to have grandkids stay/camp with us at times.

Now to go the opposite direction, a smaller than 13' Scamp. A somewhat new molded fiberglass Teardrop TT made in Elkhart, IN. But one would have wider beds in them for sure. It seems to be molded fiberglass at least to me.

As would one of these have a wider bed, something like a teardrop, a RoughNeck is very light weight.

Little Joe & Ponderosa TTs. Very small, yet large beds; made in Colorado. Interior height is at 6'.
RoughNeck is half a Little Joe.

Never seen any of these other Trailers mentioned, but would like to check them out someday. Just curious. Ha!

Sorry, about the veering off from the Scamps. Now back to Regular Programing.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote