13' trailer with bed and table at the same time? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 03:07 PM   #1

Name: Connie
Trailer: 1995 16' Scamp Deluxe
Washington
13' trailer with bed and table at the same time?

I'm looking for a 13' trailer that can have a bed and a table at the same time. Seems like someone said there are floor plans for such a trailer. I upgraded to a 16 foot scamp with a side table to get that but am not comfortable towing this trailer. Also don't like all the water tanks. Would like a small porta-potti (2-1/2 gal) and a hook up for an outside hose from the sink drain. If anyone knows of trailer makes that have such a floor plan I'm very interested in hearing about it. Had a 13' Boler before the scamp and it was fine except for the bed/table thing.
Connie Estep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Trillium front dinette. Either 4500, (15') or 1300, (13'). Hard to find though.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I had a 13’ scamp
Took out the front bench and made a small dinette
( many others have done this mod)
I no longer have the scamp but I’m sure some of the very creative folks on this site will chime in hopefully w/pics
Or try the search feature
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
The 13 ft scamp deluxe has this option.
dmtoddma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #5

Name: RJ
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
North Carolina
My 1982 13' Burro has just that. Table/Bed in the rear, and a 2-Person Dinette in the front. No changes were made; it came from the factory that way. Oh, and no bath, I have a porta-potti. Easy to pull, and simple to maintain... I love that! I hope you find what you're looking for. When you do, come back and tell us about it, OK?
RJnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Happier Camper

Bed and table if you want
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #7

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
Another bed dinette model

I have a Captain trailer and it has a double bed (4 seater dinette in disguise) at one end and two seater dinette at the other. (Convertible to a single bed - there is a factory option to add a bunk above it). No bathroom.

Captain is made in Poland. Called "Freedom" in the UK.
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
On my 1986 Scamp 13 the previous owners cut the front gaucho and added a table with post.

When we bought it we didn't get the trailer from the people who did this work but I have reworked it some so that the table was properly supported in the down position to make it a bed at night. The table in the back makes a bed and we leave it down all the time.

The porta pottie still fits under the front platform when its down as a bed. We move the porta pottie under the rear bed when we have the front table up.

While we could still raise the rear bed back up to make it a table we never will. We mostly eat and lounge outside, even the front table doesn't get set up much and is left down as a bed most of the time.

Here in Southern California we are pretty much fair weather campers. We are still working with large job responsibilities so we haven't taken any really long trips in the trailer mostly 3 to 5 day trips maximum 500 miles one way.

If we are allowed to retire someday maybe our trips will be like allot of people traveling for weeks on end and dealing with different circumstances.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #9

Name: Barclay
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
My inventive husband did a mod on our 13 ft Scamp that works just great for the two of us. (1)we made a 29” bed from front bench. (2) he cut the bigger bed to a 29” size and made 2 small seats in the extra room we gained. They are the same height as the bed. (3) he had a very versatile table that is mounted on the bottom left bench. It has a swivel arm that can move around and stationed between the two benches fir a table or pushed in front of the closet for extra work space when cooking. The table top is removable and the arm swings to the side out of the way. The table is placed in a holder in front of big storage drawer under the back bed. The whole thing works just great for us and we have gained some room inside. Love it.
Bjkj Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #10

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
You can always sit on the edge of the bed and use a little folding table...there are very nice, lightweight aluminum folding tables you can find (Amazon et. al) and this little one:

I drew a game board on top of ours with a small-tip paint pen...

This can be used outdoors, too, and is height-adjustable so you can maybe use your camp chairs with it as well.

Whatever you find, best luck to you, happy and safe camping!

BEST
Kai
Attached Thumbnails
folding table from Peanut, almond-lifetime-folding-tables-.jpg  
Old 07-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #11

Name: Connie
Trailer: 1995 16' Scamp Deluxe
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
You can always sit on the edge of the bed and use a little folding table...there are very nice, lightweight aluminum folding tables you can find (Amazon et. al) and this little one:

I drew a game board on top of ours with a small-tip paint pen...

This can be used outdoors, too, and is height-adjustable so you can maybe use your camp chairs with it as well.

Whatever you find, best luck to you, happy and safe camping!

BEST
Kai
You all have been very helpful; thanks so much! Will let you know what I come up with
Connie Estep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #12

Name: Dawn
Trailer: Burro 17'
Wisconsin
I love my Burro for that reason...

We've got a 1999 17' Burro, and I love the layout for that very reason. We are able to leave the large dinette in the back made up into a bed (57"Wx85"L), with the small dinette in the front ready to sit at, and tow it that way too if we wish.
The other big thing that is great is that it weighs only 1800 pounds empty and is easy to tow behind our 2017 Honda Pilot. Previous owner towed with his Toyota Highlander and said he barely noticed it was there.
They don't manufacture Burros anymore, but there are still used ones around. Our 17' has a bathroom whereas the 13' doesn't (at least the ones I've seen).
Our Burro is 18 years old and has worn VERY well. It's our first travel trailer, fiberglass or otherwise, and it is just a fun camper!
Good luck with your adventures!
CoonceFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #13

Name: Shane
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I talked with Joe from Trillium in Calgary.

For less than $500 you can buy the fibreglass front dinette conversion. Take out your front bunk and install the dinette. I assume that includes the table too but I'd have to find out for sure. I forgot to ask.

We're thinking of doing that with our Trillium 1300.
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:31 PM   #14

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJnNC View Post
My 1982 13' Burro has just that. Table/Bed in the rear, and a 2-Person Dinette in the front. No changes were made; it came from the factory that way. Oh, and no bath, I have a porta-potti. Easy to pull, and simple to maintain... I love that! I hope you find what you're looking for. When you do, come back and tell us about it, OK?
What he said. My ‘82 Burro has a permanently set up bed in the back and the little two person dinette in front. I camp by myself so this is fine, and it would work OK for two. I could easily put a Porta-a-Potty under the bed if I needed it. I’m pulling with a Honda CRV which is a bit of a strain, but when I used the old ‘93 Blazer S with a V-6 and a 2000 Chevy Astro with the same engine and they both pulled it easily.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #15

Name: Len
Trailer: Bigfoot 13 For sale
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Estep View Post
I'm looking for a 13' trailer that can have a bed and a table at the same time. Seems like someone said there are floor plans for such a trailer. I upgraded to a 16 foot scamp with a side table to get that but am not comfortable towing this trailer. Also don't like all the water tanks. Would like a small porta-potti (2-1/2 gal) and a hook up for an outside hose from the sink drain. If anyone knows of trailer makes that have such a floor plan I'm very interested in hearing about it. Had a 13' Boler before the scamp and it was fine except for the bed/table thing.
My 1975 13ft Bigfoot Has rear table and is always a bed has front table which also makes into double bunks for sale in Edmonton AB
Len Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #16

Name: Betty
Trailer: 13’ Scamp
Rhode Island
Hi Connie,
We just bought a13’ Scamp and had the same bed/table issue. We solved it by getting the layout with the bunks (no bath) and buying a small table. We lower the top bunk to make a couch and put the table in front of it. That way we can keep the bed down all the time. Mostly we eat outside anyway. Hope that helps.
Betty
mabeldust1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #17

Name: Len
Trailer: Bigfoot 13 For sale
Alberta
my 13 ft Bigfoot is in Edmonton Alberta where are you located Len
Len Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #18

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp 13 Deluxe A
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scamp 13D-A.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	122760
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #19

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Jon can that front table fold down into a bed? it looks like it could.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #20

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Jon can that front table fold down into a bed? it looks like it could.
Yes, but in the standard factory configuration shown (with a cabinet in the front street side corner) it folds to make a shorter child-size bed. If you request, they will delete the cabinet to make a full-width, adult-sized bed.

It appears to lack a porta-potty storage space, which is something the OP also mentioned.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote