17 Casita or 17 Escape - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi there, new to getting a travel trailer and have narrowed down the search to the 17 Plan B Escape or the 17 Casita Liberty or Spirit. Any owners of any of these trailers? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Brian
Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
They are both nice ... If you are buying new, the Escapes are a lot closer than Rice Texas is to you!

brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #3

Quote:
They are both nice ... If you are buying new, the Escapes are a lot closer than Rice Texas is to you!

True. My only reservation about the Escape is the layout of the dinette. It seems like it might be cramped with the bathroom wall etc...
The Casita on the other hand with the side dinette and the bathroom at the front looks a little more roomy. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
True. My only reservation about the Escape is the layout of the dinette. It seems like it might be cramped with the bathroom wall etc...
The Casita on the other hand with the side dinette and the bathroom at the front looks a little more roomy. Anyone have any ideas?
The location of the dinette with the windows that surround it are a plus IMHO. I think you'll find the extra windows to give it a more open feeling.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #5

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
I had this same reservation with the Escape. The 19 I bought is the same. In hind sight it is much better. I don't know about the 17, but in my 19 the table slides to the side making access easy. The other great thing about having more separation with the bed and dinette, is that I am an early riser and I can sit at the table and read or go on the computer, while I drink my coffee and not bother my wife.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #6

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
The location of the dinette with the windows that surround it are a plus IMHO. I think you'll find the extra windows to give it a more open feeling.
And, there is that too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #7

Quote:
And, there is that too.

Didn't realize that. The windows would make a huge difference for feeling less cramped for sure.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #8

Quote:
And, there is that too.

Does the Escape have a fan in the bathroom? I think i read that the Casita does. Sounds like a nice option.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #9

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Hi there, new to getting a travel trailer and have narrowed down the search to the 17 Plan B Escape or the 17 Casita Liberty or Spirit. Any owners of any of these trailers? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

Hi - I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for several months.

In process of looking for my first fiberglass trailer! I have been doing quite a bit of research, and am extensively using this forum as well as the Casita Forum.

I have not been inside of an Escape, but I love the 17B floor plan! Really like the idea of the small dinette in the front of the trailer.

But ... there is a significant difference in price between the Escape and Casita 17. So you have to decide if the extra $$ for the Escape is worth it! I do believe the both trailers are quality products.

For about the same $$ as new 17 Ft Casita, you may want to consider a Egg Camper. This has a similar floor plan to the Casita Spirit Deluxe, but is wider and taller. So you feel less cramped. It is also a high quality product.

If I had the resources, I would probably consider the Escape 19 with the small dinette in front. ... assuming the 2 Ft difference will show up in the size of the rear bed.

One other consideration: I believe that the Casita is more aerodynamic --- Please correct me if I am mistaken. Because the Escape is more bulky, you'll be spending more $$ on gas. Again, if the gas milage is same for towing Escape vs Casita, please let me know.

I am also wondering if gas mileage is same for the Egg Camper -- another trailer that is on my "short list."

I'd like to compliment all of the members of this forum. The information and ideas posted on this forum are just excellent!

Jane P.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #10

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Does the Escape have a fan in the bathroom? I think i read that the Casita does. Sounds like a nice option.
The escape does not have a fan in the bathroom, it would be a nice option though.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #11

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
If I had the resources, I would probably consider the Escape 19 with the small dinette in front. ... assuming the 2 Ft difference will show up in the size of the rear bed.
The dinette is of considerable size in the 19 at 44x80. It would sleep two adults if needed. The bed is 60x80, one of our main reasons for leaping.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #12

Quote:
The escape does not have a fan in the bathroom, it would be a nice option though.

Do you think they would do one as an option? I see on their website the 5.0 comes with one.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #13

Quote:
The dinette is of considerable size in the 19 at 44x80. It would sleep two adults if needed. The bed is 60x80, one of our main reasons for leaping.

Also I thought I read somewhere that the casita or Escape can be ordered pre wired for solar power. Anyone know anything about this?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #14

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Also I thought I read somewhere that the casita or Escape can be ordered pre wired for solar power. Anyone know anything about this?
I know the Escape can be ordered prewired, or even with solar mounted, though I would imagine Casita could accommodate it as well.

Tags
casita, escape