1802 Miles 1st Trip - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
Trailer: 87 13 ft Scamp
Didn't know I was actually going to be driving that far on my 1st trip, but that is what I ended up w/ at the end of 8 days. My only problem was leaving my driveway...I forgot to put up the jacks in the back -- I didn't complete break anything. Just walked to my grarge and found a bungee to hold up the one that was not working right and left. It was so nice to have everything in its place, find a camp, set up quickly, break camp quickly and on the road again. Actual only spent $81 on lodging for the entire trip. It was nice also to stop and be able to fix lunch on the road.

Someone also said it...was asked about the SCAMP at least 1/2 doz times. Actual at my 1st gas stop someone had some questions for me.

Made adjustments on weight distribution each day in the beginning but figured out that I put no weight in our van. placed personal bags on the floor over the axle. Twice it rained and we were able to eat at the table this was great.

So we ar SCAMP happy after our 1st trip.
Attached Thumbnails

Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Glad you had an enjoyable time I believe most of us either start camping in our own driveway or at the closest campground, but you did it in grand style .
I doubt if there are any of us who hasn't learned a lesson "the hard way". The best advice in that regard is to walk around your rig 3 times before driving away. 1st time---look up, vents closed, TV antenna down, etc. 2nd time---look around outside of your RV,windows & door closed, step retracted, propane off, outside access doors closed, water & power disconnected, etc. 3rd time---look under, Stabilizers up, check hook-up to tug again (safety chains, electrical connection, brake safety disconnect, lights all working), all tires correctly inflated, any unusual fluid spots or puddles beneath the tug? After all that, just for drill, make one more trip around and this time also check out your campsite. it is surprising how often you discover you missed something on the first 3 times because your train of thought was interrupted. This additional time is when one an object was left on a park bench or over a tree branch or...
We hope you will enjoy this forum and join in the fun...oh, by-the-way in case you haven't noticed, pictures of your TT and adventures are quite popular.

Welcome to the fun,
Kurt & Ann K.

Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #3
Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Excellent! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip.

I don't think you are the first one to drive off with the jacks still down. When got my '89, they were both off. The previous owner was nice enough to leave one of them in the closet, but it didn't really help in there!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 AM   #4
Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Great Steve.
Sounds like a grand first trip. Weoften do not make it more than 8 miles on a trip. Enjoy yourself, have a fun filled summer. I have found out the hard way, to do a number of walk abouts to check things one more time. I belive Fred S has a check list some where to make sure. one thing for sure you will remeber next time. Ha Ha
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote