Congratulations and welcome from another flat roofed boler
owner. There are a few of us on here now. I too had brought mine home before realizing it was one of the early ones.
Can you check your registration
for the trailer's model year and VIN
number? Supposedly the early bolers were numbered sequentially, presumably from #1, so your VIN
should be the number of your trailer. Others have found the serial number stamped in the frame on the tongue close to the body or propane
tank tray, but I haven't been able to find mine yet.
It's often stated that the first 100 produced had the flat roofs and the first 40 were sold without ensolite insulation and later recalled to have it added. However, there's another member here with a higher serial number flat roof (around #159 or so) and mine as well as a couple others I've seen with numbers higher than 40 never had the insulation installed. I'm pretty sure these numbers are inaccurate and I doubt many of the original owners would have actually sent their trailers back if they actually were recalled. We'll have to do a bit more investigation to figure it out.
And since we all love looking at photos and noting the smallest of details, I'll throw in my thoughts and observations too...
- I think it's been painted as it looks like the taillight base and maybe some rivets have been painted the same colour. For some reason I think the first ones were all white as well. The inside of mine was painted flat white at the factory. You should be able to tell by searching around inside the cabinets with a flashlight.
- yours doesn't have the ensolite insulation inside either.
- I would say the taillights and door handle are not original.
- the bumper brackets are interesting. The earlier ones never had any sort of bumper installed and I think they added them after changing to the curved roof, but I'm not sure. Possibly yours were added after the original owner got tired of breaking the taillights...
- cushion covers would be newer replacements, different fabric than on others and no piping.
- and of course the wheels are newer too.
Overall yours looks in great condition, I'm quite envious and from the sign in the window it looks like you got it for a great price.