1969 Boler? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #29

Trailer: Lil Bigfoot
Well - amazing what you'll learn when you read.....

I've since found out through this forum that Ensolite is in fact what was in the trailer we looked at. The rubber 'elephant skin' foam that was in the trailer must have been the same stuff. It was beat up, gouged, and the seems were filled with some type of caulk, perhaps...just not well done.

I've found (again, on this site) that Ensolite or a similar product can be purchased, and the seams filled with 3M tape or probably just a latex caulking smoothed out with a sponge and water (just like sealing baseboards etc).

So - the elephant in the corner, in terms of the insulation, anyway, wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm kicking myself a bit, but still think the frame had some issues - ah well....now I'm a little more tuned in.

Thought I'd pass that on if it helps any newbies out there like me.

Mike

Old 06-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #30

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Quote:
The albums are a feature that show stock (or as close to stock) trailers as we can get pictures of. There are other places in the forums for paint jobs, camping photos etc.
Does this help?
Wow! A stock Boler. Well the search is on. Now, I'll lean my pictures towards finding "original" as well as "mods". I wonder if it is possible to make a picture archive of year-by-year Bolers to go along with Roy's history???? Hmmmm!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #31

Trailer: Lil Bigfoot
Well, the saga continues....still searching. It seems like we get close to something and then we either a) can't get a response from a craigslist user trailer is too far away, or c) something serious is wrong.

We're staying optimistic in our search though.

I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on the water tanks. I've run into a few that have them removed. In my mind these would be necessary for weight - even if they aren't used for drinking water....any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #32

Name: Brent
Trailer: 1969 1300 Boler
Saskatchewan
Hi.... I am also new to the forum. I've been reading info on boler trailers for a few weeks since I recently found one for sale in my hometown. I have wanted one for a few years and honestly didn't realize the following that they had.

I bought the boler today.... its pretty much completely intact and original. The bunk beds, cushions, icebox, furnace, stove, spring roof vent and windows are all original.. (It could use a good cleaning and some TLC) After a good search I found the VIN # 161! The only changes made over the years were 2 hinged ice fishing hatches in the floor....which I intend to repair properly. The door needs some repair as it has sagged and warped at the bottom. This will be my first concern.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #33

Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
Quote:
Hi.... I am also new to the forum. I've been reading info on boler trailers for a few weeks since I recently found one for sale in my hometown. I have wanted one for a few years and honestly didn't realize the following that they had.

I bought the boler today.... its pretty much completely intact and original. The bunk beds, cushions, icebox, furnace, stove, spring roof vent and windows are all original.. (It could use a good cleaning and some TLC) After a good search I found the VIN # 161! The only changes made over the years were 2 hinged ice fishing hatches in the floor....which I intend to repair properly. The door needs some repair as it has sagged and warped at the bottom. This will be my first concern.

Congrats and welcome to the FG family. You'll love it.
cheers
Ian
Old 07-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #34

Name: David & Debra
Trailer: 69 Boler
Tennessee
Registry
sorry I didn't see ur post earlier..we have an all original 69 boler 13ft for sale.it is posted here in fiberglassrv..could have saved u some lookin'

Tags
boler