1969 Trailswest Campster - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 1969 Trailswest Campster
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie on the site. Joe and I just became the proud owners of the 1969 Trailswest Campster that Harry Young has been talking about. As he said, it made the trip from California with only a few problems. He then spent 7-8 hours cleaning it of the dead birds, wasps, bird nests and everything else that had set up housekeeping as well as taking the lichen off the top. Just proves what a good friend he is. I finally got to see the beast yesterday and Joe and my son spent the afternoon taking the interior out. Pictures will be coming from Harry or me. We are looking forward to restoring it to the way we would like but have to do some repairs. The floor by the door is cracked and has a lot of give. There are other smaller cracks that we have seen. We are planning on redoing the frame to eliminate the problem with the floor in the future. Then it is redoing the shell, replacing broken windows then having the fun with the inside. We have ideas on what we would like to do and will probably rethink ideas as we go. Since I have been watching Harry redoing his and Joe has been assisting in some ways, we know what we are looking at. The planning has already started. I have spent the last week looking through posts and love some of the things that have been shown. We will keep everyone updated on our progress and will be looking forward to any advise that is given. The next step is bringing her home and into the garage so we can really get her started. Harry lives 1 hour from us so it is difficult to go up frequently to work on her. The beast will be a beauty sometime soon. The fun now begins. Kate
Kate R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Kate! Sounds like a plan to me. The membership loves to look at "in-progress" pictures, so please post as you go along with the rehab.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Here are some of the pics of the 69 trails west campster...
It was a about 6 years on a farm in Los Banos California, full of bees and wasps.

I am uploading pics of the campster in its origional condition when picked up...

Joe and Kate (members as Kate R) have asked I do this post as she was having some computer issues uploading, relpy to Joe and katie on this thread.

"uploaded by H.S.Y. for Kate and Joe"
Attached Thumbnails
galley.JPG   galley_side_view_1969_Campster.JPG  

tounge_1969_campster.JPG   when_the_rear_door_is_opened.JPG  

side_view_shows_furnace_installed.JPG  
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Kate, there are one or two of those in the Sun Cities RV compound.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #5

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
What's the VIN number on yours, Kate? I thought they were first made in 1970.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #6

Sorry it has taken so long to reply but on the days I work, I can't get online. Harry has the original registration with the VIN and is planning on sending me a copy soon so I can put them up. I have also never been to the Sun City yard so have no idea what is there. We are planning on putting ours in the garage. We are really looking forward to getting started on her and have some ideas what we would like her to look like when we are done.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
There are 4200 rigs in the Sun Cities compound. All the way from small pop-ups to huge 5th whales and mutterhomes.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, Kate & Joe! and congrats on your Campster find. Enjoy the rehab and 'personalization' work you have ahead. We wish you safe journeys and many happy camping memories. Perhaps our paths will cross in future - we have been 'wintering' in Quartzsite for a couple of years. L 'n D

p.s. And as Donna says, we love to progress pics!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #9

If I did this upload correctly, I have given a copy of the last registration showing that this is a 1969. Also included is the data plate. Due to my work schedule and other obligations, we haven't had the opportunity to do anything else with her. Hope to get started soon. Kate
Attached Thumbnails
california_registration.JPG   close_up_of_the_data_plate__campster_.JPG  

Tags
campster