1971 Havasu Fiberglass Camper - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #71

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
When you're parked in a field with those big rigs, or much of anything, really, you will want to watch where their exhaust is going...don't want to wake up dead! CO2 detector would be a good idea!

Mon

monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #72

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by monB View Post
When you're parked in a field with those big rigs, or much of anything, really, you will want to watch where their exhaust is going...don't want to wake up dead! CO2 detector would be a good idea!

Mon
X10 on that!

Except you mean a CO detector. CO2 is carbon dioxide. CO is carbon monoxide. CO2 is what you breathe out and only becomes a problem in high concentrations, which even a modicum of ventilation will prevent. CO is fatal in very tiny concentrations because it wants to grab that missing oxygen from your blood!

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #73

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
If there is no battery and no place to hook one up (have you checked, or did your RV tech check?), you may have a converter to power a 12V system from the shore power (if your lights have little bulbs like your car, then you have a 12V system). This is one go go over with your tech at some point- let the tech determine what you have and what you need. Older trailers often have very rudimentary electrical systems.

Your shore power cord likely has an oversized 30A plug. You will want to carry an adaptor to plug into a standard 20A outlet, just in case. They're available at many Walmarts, hardware stores, RV stores, or online.

But I'm assuming you will not have hook-ups at the dog events, hence the generator. What will you need to run? That will determine the size generator you need. The small, quiet generators are pretty limited, so you'll want to avoid high wattage appliances (A/C, microwave, anything with a heating element).
I would be surprised if a trailer of this size and vintage has 30 amp unless it was upgraded. It is likely a 15 or 20 amp, but time will tell.

I would also expect some kind of 12v system for interior lights, but again, who knows what changes might have been made over time.

On mine the original propane burner and light were removed at some point and the 12 v system expanded (poorly done, I might add) with only a solar panel for charging.

I think we are all anxious for you to get it home so we can help you work on some of the details based on what you find rather than on speculation.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #74

Name: jerry
Trailer: havasu
California
havasu

weighed my havasu today! probably different than your's somewhat? The interior is rebuilt but stock, with different windows, new axel with brakes, I also replaced door with homebuilt one (definitely lighter).......
#1380 total including hitch weight, I do have a battery and propane tank on the hitch. the hitch weight is #180
jerry theros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:02 PM   #75

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
X10 on that!

Except you mean a CO detector. CO2 is carbon dioxide. CO is carbon monoxide. CO2 is what you breathe out and only becomes a problem in high concentrations, which even a modicum of ventilation will prevent. CO is fatal in very tiny concentrations because it wants to grab that missing oxygen from your blood!
You are quite right! Thank you!

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:04 PM   #76

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Anybody know a source of organic air or oxygen?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:34 AM   #77

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
Stude, I may have misunderstood. I was referring to a semi truck pulling two trailers, or three trailers behind one semi tractor. In Colorado I frequently see FedEx and UPS pulling triples (3 trailers), always at night. I don't think they are legal during the day.

Getting back to backing up, it is hard for me to imagine a semi backing up 3 connected trailers.

No expert here, but I think I heard about drop yards in each city enroute, very close to the interstates where they drop one trailer at a time, and then reverse the process. 3-2-1, then 1-2-3 roundtrip, returning with empties? overnight. My guess is that semis with 3 trailers are restricted to interstates and within a mile or so of them.

PS, I don't think the second and third trailers connect with the usual pin and 5th wheel. I think they have a metal loop that locks into a jaw. This would seem to provide less control.

I have never seen 5 trailers pulled. I would not want to run into him on a one-lane mountain road. "You back up! ...No, you back up!" Imagine a traffic circle.
:Tom your possible right but we better get off this subject as this has nothing to do with Molded Trailers, sorry to take so long to get back to you as were on the road most of this week.
Stude

stude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
havasu