1975 Burro Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi everyone! We just bought a 1975 13 foot Burro and we need to restore the inside. We are hoping to fine someone out there who might have pics or a manual to help us with how the layout was when they were built.
Karrie & Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Picture_091.jpg  
Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Was that the one in LA that had been demo'd on the inside?
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
We are hoping to fine someone out there who might have pics or a manual to help us with how the layout was when they were built.
Karrie & Greg
All kinds of documents to help you in the left nav bar under [b]Resources... look in the Document Center. There's also a manual for the Burro, that shows the "exploded" view. I think it was created for the kit Burro.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
13 foot Burros and other "egg" style rigs generally all have the same floorplan. This is a Scamp, but it could also be a casita, or a Boler, or a Trailmite, or a Uhaul..You get the idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	floorplans13.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	16774

Checking Donnas link will give you a better idea of the construction, and checking the Burros in the albums will give you pics of one of your vintage.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
If mine was barebones on the inside I would consider making it like the Scamp 13 deluxe with front bathroom.
What a beauty of a camper in a very small space.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
The problem with Burros, and Uhauls is..

the inner shell IS the furniture, and this does not give one much, if any, choice as to where things will go.

I suppose if you are good with glass and structural engineering, you could do just about anything you want with one, but it would be a LOT of work.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Was that the one in LA that had been demo'd on the inside?

We found this in Longbeach so it might have been the same one. Thank everyone for there comments they all help. There are a few things we want to customize different than what we see with other trailers. The 13 foot is a small space to work with but we can see how to utilize every area to make it count. We are going to get the outside repaired and painted in two weeks and also have custom fiberglass cabinets made on the inside. We will be posting pic as the project comes along if you all would like to see.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
" We will be posting pic as the project comes along if you all would like to see."

Pictures?? We LOVE pictures!!! Can't wait to see your mods and how your paint job comes out...if you do a search, I remember reading someone finding a place that had their Burro decals re-made, if that's of interest to you at all.
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #9

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Congratulations on your "new" Burro. Mine is an '81. I got it a few years ago in pretty sad shape. The restoration was an extended winter project that really was fun. It's a great trailer, flexible and really not so tough to modify or restore, and I found replacement parts mostly by keeping an eagle eye out on ebay.

Here's a link to my little slide show of most of the modifications I made.

True, working with fiberglass can be tricky, but don't let this picture put you off.
Attached Thumbnails
Fordweird.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Congratulations on your "new" Burro. Mine is an '81. I got it a few years ago in pretty sad shape. The restoration was an extended winter project that really was fun. It's a great trailer, flexible and really not so tough to modify or restore, and I found replacement parts mostly by keeping an eagle eye out on ebay.

Here's a link to my little slide show of most of the modifications I made.

True, working with fiberglass can be tricky, but don't let this picture put you off.
We seen your video it was alot of work and you did a great job on it. We are hoping to find a Burro in the 70"s to see how the layout was. The 70"s layout seems to be differnet then in the 80"s. We found where we can buy the decals so thats one thing taken care of. Our Burro has been changed twice from what we have been told but what we are doing is just drawing up a layout that will work well for us. One thing we want is lots of storage. We plan to have fiberglass cabinets put in all over. We will leave the bed in the back just a sloid bed and in the front we will make a table with two benches that can be turned into a singel bed if needed. At one time they put a shower in the frount corner and they even added a hot water heater but we are taking all that out. This is fun but alot of work.
Karrie
Old 11-13-2008, 01:53 AM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, Greg & Karrie - and congrats on finding this Burro and giving it a new life! We wish you lots of fun during the process of making it distinctly your own, and many safe travels & happy memories once the work is done. Hmmm, is it ever done?

Myron - the slideshow of your rehab project is great, and the finished product is indeed "sweet". Happy camping to you, too.
Take care, L 'n D
Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #12

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
hi Greg,
next time you have the camera out, could you shoot a highres pic of the logo on the side of your trailer for me. I'm creating downloadable decal files for the Document center and want to include the Burro logo. please shoot as straight on as you can and IM me when you have it and I'll give you my email.
thanx,
Scott
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #13

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Greg -

another resource is at http://www.geocities.com/ttlic_2000/mbody.html

This site has TONS-O-LINKS. Most will not apply, but you may find what you need.

There is also the uhaul group at http://us.geocities.com/uhaulcampertrailer/

I think you will not want for ideas and suggestions. HAPPY RESTORING!!!!!!!!
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #14

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot

Myron, what a great youtube video. It was very inspiring. I have a soft spot for the Burros and you did an incredible remodel. Wow!

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #15

Trailer: Compact Jr
Quote:
We found this in Longbeach so it might have been the same one. Thank everyone for there comments they all help. There are a few things we want to customize different than what we see with other trailers. The 13 foot is a small space to work with but we can see how to utilize every area to make it count. We are going to get the outside repaired and painted in two weeks and also have custom fiberglass cabinets made on the inside. We will be posting pic as the project comes along if you all would like to see.
Greg,

I see you made it on to the fiberglass forum. Karrie sent some preview pics. Nice find, however, you found it in Long Beach, and didn't even stop by to show us. Ok, I see how it is... Just kiddin'. Can't wait to see it all fixed up.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 PM   #16

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Greg:
This Burro formerly belonged to us: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...1&hl=CindyL . It is a '78.

CindyL
Old 11-14-2008, 01:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Greg,

I see you made it on to the fiberglass forum. Karrie sent some preview pics. Nice find, however, you found it in Long Beach, and didn't even stop by to show us. Ok, I see how it is... Just kiddin'. Can't wait to see it all fixed up.
Think we were just in shock the day we brought it home it all happen so fast but now that it has all sunk in we are letting the great news out of our new addition to our family our little Burro! I will be posting some interior pics soon so everyone can see what we are up against. We have been designing the interior all week of what we want as next week it will be sent off to get all the fiberglass done can't wait to see it when that is complete.
Karrie
Old 11-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Greg:
This Burro formerly belonged to us: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...1&hl=CindyL . It is a '78.

CindyL
Thank you for the pics. I bet you had fun camping in it when you had it.
Karrie
Old 11-14-2008, 02:02 AM   #19

Quote:
hi Greg,
next time you have the camera out, could you shoot a highres pic of the logo on the side of your trailer for me. I'm creating downloadable decal files for the Document center and want to include the Burro logo. please shoot as straight on as you can and IM me when you have it and I'll give you my email.
thanx,
Scott
Would you like pics of the logo before we repaint or after as we will be putting new one on?
Karrie
Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #20

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
pics before please. the art that I'm doing is something you will be able to download and take to a printer. if you are using the original design that is. the plan is to have ALL the logos in the doc center.

thanx
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro