1983 Burro in St Augustine - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
1983 Burro in St Augustine

I was just wondering if anybody here jumped on the 1983 Burro for sale in St. Augustine, FL for $1300???? That's only 2 hrs from me and I would have gone to look at it and if it didnt need a total rebuild we would have bought it to use till we can afford to get something bigger with a flush toilet. It was gone in 2 days it looks like. Just hoping somebody here got it.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
They don't last long, do they?
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #3

They sure dont! If it was usuable (I've left a message for the seller so maybe I'll find out what condition it was in) we could have used it for our trip to WY this summer which would save us at least $600 in motel costs alone. Never mind the convenience of not having to find a motel which I quickly learned last year are few and far between the farther West you go and fill up fast and early! I drove till midnight about every night (my body was still on Eastern time so no biggie) and we ended up in a dive (myself and my 2 GIRLS) b/c nothing else was available. We're still waiting to see if Lil Snoozy can get going so this would have held us over till then without spending a lot of money since we really want a 16 ft and a flush toilet for a family of 4. Since they were only asking $1300 I'm sure we could have resold it and recooped all of our investment essentially making our accomodations free for our trip. If Lil Snoozy doesnt work our we'll be hunting for a 16 ft Scamp with front bunks and side bath. That Burro would have also saved us from having to tent camp over Spring Break which Hubby hates with his sleep apnea machine etc.
Oh well, I've noticed more trailers coming out of the woodwork with Spring approaching so maybe another deal will come along.
Somebody needs to start an Egg Rental service and I'd be the first in line to pick one up, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
They don't last long, do they?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Yeah they're coming out to play now but just like boats, when the weather gets better the prices go up. I think there is a guy in Canada that rents eggs, not that it would do you any good.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
with fuel costs skyrocketing these things are gonna bring a premium Id say this summer....noone else is gonna be in your way on trips either ..campgrounds may gain a few seasonals though...unable to travel in the huge rv's.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #6

Good point Bruce. Wonder if the campgrounds are going to be full? At least we dont need a CG to overnight as long as there is a Walmart along the way, lol. Hey, does anybody ever stay at Target, Kmart, Home Depot, Lowes etc? I never hear them mentioned yet they have larger parking lots too. Out West Walmart gets fewer and farther between so I'd definately by the Guide so I could plan my stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
with fuel costs skyrocketing these things are gonna bring a premium Id say this summer....noone else is gonna be in your way on trips either ..campgrounds may gain a few seasonals though...unable to travel in the huge rv's.

Tags
burro