1985 scamp 16 Foot Help - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #21

Name: Alissa
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
1992 18 Ft. Scamp Camper FOR SALE

Is it this one?

Eyes wide, wide open. The price is high. Do I see missing white caps on the back? Seeing things in person beats photos all day long. Do I also see bagging ceiling material in that one shot? Again, who knows. Eyes on it is the only way.

I agree on the axle likely being past it's "best if used by" date. All this stuff adds up and many buyers do not take anything into account when pricing.

Look for rot under the front window. Lift the hatches in the sofa seat and use your nose as well as your eyes. The left, or curbside hatch in rear dinette. That's a notorious leaking spot as the water storage tank is often there. Smell everything. Mildew and rot has an odor. Some folks use a "cover up" spray before you arrive.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
No it not that one, but I did email that seller today. This seller text the pictures to me.My picture links should work now.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #22

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
No it not that one, but I did email that seller today. This seller text the pictures to me.My picture links should work now.
OK, I see it is a different unit. But…. otherwise, the suggestions/concerns still apply.
bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Should be able to see them now. I have the hardest time trying to add pics here.
Looks to me like you are trying to use a URL link rather than attaching the pictures directly to your post. Click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the new post window, and then click the paperclip icon in the top row. The rest should be self-explanatory. If you need more information, directions are in post #7 here.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:07 PM   #24

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Also would having the AC on the side (like this one does) instead of the roof be a plus?
I prefer the side A/C for a couple of reasons. One, it allows a cleaner trailer roof and one less hole up there. Two, swapping out the side unit is cheap and easy. I slapped a new 6,000 BTU window unit ($179 at Home Depot) in mine and although it does benefit from a fan moving air around inside it has done the job. I have a Fantastic Fan but recently found some really small, and really cheap rechargeable fans that work as well and are easier to position around the trailer as needed.

It took some looking but the A/C I found had the ability to hook up a condensate drain, not all do.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #25

Florida
Don't Beat Me Up For Saying This In Here

I found an R-Pod 2011 for what I think is a great price, $7,500. I looked at it yesterday and it looks great. The owner even replaced the mattress with a new memory-foam one that still has plastic on it (said that one that came in it was awful).

I was really considering a Scamp or Cansita,but form what I have read an R-pod is a great TT with few problems although they are not molded fiberglass. The Scamp I found was an 1992 and same price.

I'm a TT newbie so any input about the R-pod would be welcomed.

Here is the ad for the R-Pod

SLEEPS 4/. QUEEN BED / DINETTE CONVERTIBLE BED. 11,000 BTU AIR CONDITIONER 20,000 BTU FURNACE, 4.2 CF 3-WAY REFRIGERATOR , 2 BURNER RANGE TOP , GAS / ELEC DSI WATER HEATER, MICROWAVE, WET BATH WITH INTEGRATED TOILET. DOLBY AM/FM/CD /DVD/TV COMBO. SPARE TIRE WITH COVER/ 14" GOODYEAR RADIALS,TINTED SAFETY GLASS WINDOWS. COME WITH R- POD AWNING WITH SCREEN ROOM. SWAY BAR , LEVELER AND SURGE

Hitch Weight
225 lbs

Ship Weight
2,205 lbs

Cargo Capacity
1,020 lbs

GVWR
3,225 lbs

Length
18'-4"

Height
9'-6"

Width
8'-0"

Fresh Water
36 gal

Gray Water
35 gal

Black Water
35 gal

L.P. Capacity
20 gal

Tire Size
14"
Old 02-07-2016, 09:39 PM   #26

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I had an MPG 184 for three years which was an rPod knock-off. Unfortunately for Forest River, the MPG was SIGNIFICANTLY better constructed all the way around than the rPod. I had the opportunity to directly compare both side by side as my neighbors bought an rPod. After touring the MPG, they were disappointed in the rPod they'd bought.

The rPod isn't a bad trailer, but there are better built ones for the same kind of money. If you like that style of trailer, I'd look for an They came in various floorplans, but they only built them for two years.
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #27

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger H View Post
I had an MPG 184 for three years which was an rPod knock-off. Unfortunately for Forest River, the MPG was SIGNIFICANTLY better constructed all the way around than the rPod. I had the opportunity to directly compare both side by side as my neighbors bought an rPod. After touring the MPG, they were disappointed in the rPod they'd bought.

The rPod isn't a bad trailer, but there are better built ones for the same kind of money. If you like that style of trailer, I'd look for an They came in various floorplans, but they only built them for two years.
That is a lot nice. I'm looking now to see if any near me to look at. Thanks!

Tags
scamp