1996 16 ft Scamp renovation near completion - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-24-2016, 04:39 PM   #15
Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp

That is a nice job you have done with the build-out.

It appears in your photos in post #5 that there is a lower vent for the frig, but not an upper vent. If that is a Dometic or Norcold frig, you will need an upper vent for warm air to flow and exhaust out, otherwise the heat from the frig will build up and have a difficult time cooling. You may want to check the installation manual to be sure.

If that is not a regular frig or the vent just didn't show in the photo, then Never Mind!

Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:24 PM   #16
Name: Dan
New York
Used dometic fridge

Picked up a never been used dometic 3 way fridge on craigslist for $250. A technology teacher who was going to use it for his off the grid camp in Ontario, had it. He has created so much wattage from solar he was able to power a full size fridge. I do have it vented up top. My brother is a sheet metal worker so was able to get me some stainless steel I used as a back panel from the fridge to the upper vent out the roof. I have run the propane line, but have not tested on propane yet. When it gets warmer, I will get out there and check the lines with soap and water for leaks. Brother also got me a 2 x 7 ft stainless steel panel to wrap around front dinette. Then used some composite trim panels along the edge. Then a trusted friend, painters caulks.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150730_072735119.jpg   IMG_20150730_073936544.jpg  

rocknboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #17
Name: Jim

OK, now I see it when I know what to look for. Your's is the first top venting system I have seen in a Scamp, especially using stainless. Nothing like top-rate materials for a top rate installation.

Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote