2,922 miles to Chilliwack - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
2,922 miles to Chilliwack

Thinking out loud here, bear with me. It is 2,922 miles from home to Chilliwack (Escape Industries) from the house. That, as we say in the South, is a “fur piece”. I noticed the other day somebody in that general direction was ordering a Parkliner, and I immediately thought “road trip”! So here is the plan; win the lottery, order the Escape and F-250 Super Duty, and get that nice Leer topper I have always wanted. Find somebody out (North) West that would like me to pick up their new Parkliner (Oliver, Casita, Alabama Trillium/Sidekick, etc.) and bring it to them. They pay my gas/diesel and I have a place to sleep for the trip. Pick up new Escape, live (camp) happily ever after. Hmmm, alternate plan; win lottery, pay somebody else to bring ME the new Escape. Or, win lottery, buy Oliver, skip trip all the way across country altogether (until I retire). Or even more likely; don’t win lottery, buy Parkliner, keep current F-150 truck and shabby camper shell, and be happy. Oh well, a man has to have a dream (or several).
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Timber Wolf... You wouldn't be the first Floridian to make that trip!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Or.....you could keep your current vehicle (it would tow any of the Escapes) and watch for a used Escape in your area. Quality wise, you can't go wrong with a new or used Escape. But I am definitely biased. Keep dreaming!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
If you're going to dream, dream big. Here's my suggestion. Win the lottery. Fly out to the Pacific Northwest, by a truck here, pick up the Escape and head back to Florida. Don't forget to spend some time on the Pacific Coast, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas on your way back home. There are some fabulous National Parks to visit. If I can figure out the winning lottery numbers I'll join you on the way back.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
With hope for your dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post

Oh well, a man has to have a dream (or several).
Dreams are good to have. When I was 16 I dreamed a lot about Ginny, happily the reality turned out to be even better.

There may be better trailers then what you own but no matter what trailer you buy, every year there will be better trailers.

We've lived in huge well appointed houses and small, basic cottages. I liked them both, they both kept me warm and the rain out. We now live mostly in our smallest house ever, a rolling house, and have never been happier, not because of the space we have but rather the places we go.

A choice is to not spend the money on a trailer but to travel sooner, further and more often.

Seriously I hope you win the lottery and get everything you want, though you may be closer to having it than you imagine.

With hopes for everything you want....

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
2,922 miles to Chilliwack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Timber Wolf... You wouldn't be the first Floridian to make that trip!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Actually, I will be making that very trip from Florida come May of 2015, but the mileage is a bit more for me coming from just north of Tampa. Looking forward to camping in BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I made the 3136.0 mile trip from upstate NY to Chilliwack in April, 2011 & turned it into a 111 day, 18,721.4 mile adventure.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Get the new leer top, keep the truck, keep the trailer. When the truck dies get the truck you want, when the Scamp dies if ever get the new trailer. Play the Lotto so you can one day say the heck with it and buy all new and give me what hasn't died yet. That way we both win the Lotto.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
With the price of gas these days having it Del'v to you or to within a days drive to you may not be that unreasonable.... they are shipping truck loads of them out fairly regularly. In fact a truck full of Escapes is heading to Marietta Georgia in November......
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:18 AM   #10

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
You don't plan to win the lottery. You plan NOT to win the lottery.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #11

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
I made the 3136.0 mile trip from upstate NY to Chilliwack in April, 2011 & turned it into a 111 day, 18,721.4 mile adventure.
Been reading your blogs for more then a year, even worried when you were off line. fantastic info, I recommend every one to read your blogs, lots of info. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #12

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Seriously I hope you win the lottery and get everything you want, though you may be closer to having it than you imagine. With hopes for everything you want....
I suppose it would help if I was actually playing the lottery. But I am not the gambling sort so I will have to earn my way the old fashioned way. Since I do not have rich relations to leave me anything that means work for it. I would like a new FGRV for retirement in a few years but suspect that I will by then have repaired and modified the old Scamp to where it works very well for any reasonable purpose and I can not really justify a new one. If my daughter continues to love the Scamp she may get it as a College Graduation present and then I would HAVE to buy another FGRV for me.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #13

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I just initiated a wire transfer to Escape Industries this morning. In the spring I'll drive the approximately 2500 miles from west Michigan to Chilliwack to get my new 19. I want to go because it's a good excuse (or reason, as if I need one) to go west for a nice trip to places I haven't seen in a few years.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #14

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
Next spring, I will be making the 2,647 mile trip from Chattanooga to Chilliwack to pick up my new 21' Escape.
ATHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #15

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
Talking I won the Lottery!!!

Well, actually I called the Psychic Hotline and was told I was going to win a million dollars and quit my job.

So on Friday I quit my job, I'm half-way there! I can smell the just-cured resin already.

I think my ideal tow vehicle would be a nice pick-up truck. And for a fiberglass RV I'd like something with a 2nd dinette so one can be a fulltime bed. And a toilet/shower combo.

Nice to dream, but I'm happy towing my tiny Compact Junior. I put her in storage at the nearby county fairgrounds, $105 until April. And I miss her!

Still nice weather for tinkering. But I plan to spend a couple months in Florida this winter and didn't want snow piling up on the camper roof while away.

I'll finish my insulation job in the spring. I bought several yards of a nice light brown marine vinyl to make a new boot for the pop up. And I may try to use it in some fashion to cover up all this Reflectix.
Attached Thumbnails
window shade.jpg  
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote