2 exit bed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #1

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
2 exit bed

If I could have 1 wish it would be to have a fg trailer with a double / green bed that has an exit for 2 people without having to climb over.
The smallest I have found is a 21ft Escape.
Currently I am limited to parking a 17ft in my driveway, that may change if I find the right FG trailer.
Any ideas?
Mark
MK Evenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
2 exit bed

Try a Casita with twins- it will fit in your 17 ft. space. There isn't anything made out there- we have had almost at least one of each brand ....LOL..

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #3

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
No single beds yet. Full, double or queen only.
Mark
Old 06-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Or you could do what I do in the HC1 wife goes out the front and I go out the back door no climbing over unless I want to!!!
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
The Casita's have two models with twin beds, the Independence and the Liberity, the beds on the Independence are 30"x80", the Liberity are 24"x80 if I remember correctly. We have the Independence and are loving it for it ability to do what we want in a trailer. Travel Trailer Layout Options | Casita Travel Trailers | Casita Travel Trailers - America's Favorite Lightweight Travel Trailers!

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #6

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Evenson View Post
If I could have 1 wish it would be to have a fg trailer with a double / green bed that has an exit for 2 people without having to climb over.
The smallest I have found is a 21ft Escape.
Currently I am limited to parking a 17ft in my driveway, that may change if I find the right FG trailer.
Any ideas?
Mark
mark, i believe both the 17ft casita LD & ID have your choice of twin (which you don't want), double (or queen, can't remember which) & king bed option, all of which sleep 2 without having to crawl over each other. The 17ft casita SD & FD have double beds that require crawling over each other. you might want to simply exchange your 17ft SD for either the LD or ID.
clairemr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Well, if you can handle a 24 inch twin, then pretty much any trailer with a bunk separate from the main bed will work. One person gets a relatively large bed, the other gets the bottom bunk to use as a twin.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Mark, with so many people not wanting to climb over their partner, I thought that we would try something in our Lil Snoozy, for perhaps a future time when we tire of the ritual. Paula is only 5’ tall, and I 5’10”. We tried sleeping with our heads toward the nose of the trailer across the queen bed. Paula had no difficulties with this, and I could do it if I slept more at an angle, but I also tried letting my feet rest on a couple pillows on the sofa. All worked well, but we still sleep in the side to side orientation. Best of luck with your search....perhaps a Bigfoot since they are wider
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
bigfoot, and I think oliver, have rear queen options, but those are 21 or 25 foot trailers that are nearly 8 feet wide. and also really expensive.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:20 AM   #10

Texas
Owing a Casita Independence which we are totally happy with the twin bed arrangement and I don't think we would ever want a bed arrangement that wasn't that way. We also have been looking ahead that someday maybe in 2-3 years we might want to move up to a larger fiberglass trailer like the Escape or the Oliver. Oliver does have the twin bed floor plan and you can get 30x75 twin beds, the Escape doesn't show a twin bed option on there website, this is probably because of the bathrooms located in the trailer, it cuts down bed size and no room for the twin bed arrangement. Now Escape may have a fix for this, but at this time we are not buying so I see no reason to call Escape and talk about it. I personally would rather go with the Oliver, as both trailers have about the same depreciation rate in value, the Oliver looks like the better deal over time, it's just the amount of money you invest upfront. Plus the Oliver is made in the U. S. and Tennessee is much closer to Texas then Canada.

trainman
Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 AM   #11

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If all you want is a no-crawl-over bed for two at least 54" wide, you can get that in something as small as a Weiscraft Little Joe.

The issue is what else you are willing to give up to have it. The Little Joe requires you to forego both a bathroom and a separate dinette. The Casita Liberty lets you have the bathroom but no separate dinette.

Nothing 17' and under lets you have it all: no-crawl-over double bed, separate dinette, AND wet bath. There's only so much you can fit in a 14' box.

The Bigfoot 17.5FB comes close thanks to its full 8' width, but the bed is only 48" wide and the closet blocks access to the foot of the bed. You might be able to remove the closet...
Click image for larger version

Name:	B175FB.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	120372
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #12

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
If all you want is a no-crawl-over bed for two at least 54" wide, you can get that in something as small as a Weiscraft Little Joe.

The issue is what else you are willing to give up to have it. The Little Joe requires you to forego both a bathroom and a separate dinette. The Casita Liberty lets you have the bathroom but no separate dinette.

Nothing 17' and under lets you have it all: no-crawl-over double bed, separate dinette, AND wet bath. There's only so much you can fit in a 14' box.

The Bigfoot 17.5FB comes close thanks to its full 8' width, but the bed is only 48" wide and the closet blocks access to the foot of the bed. You might be able to remove the closet...
Attachment 120372
Probably work for some, but I don't want to put beds/tables up and down all the time, on our 17 Casita Independence you can leave one of the small tables up all the time at the end of the bed and not be bothered buy sleeping or eating. But, what works for one may not work for the other, it just works for us.

trainman
Old 06-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Probably work for some, but I don't want to put beds/tables up and down all the time, on our 17 Casita Independence you can leave one of the small tables up all the time at the end of the bed and not be bothered buy sleeping or eating. But, what works for one may not work for the other, it just works for us.

trainman
why we ended up with the escape 21... almost-queen bed with a real mattress at the front, full dinette at the rear, lots of room in the middle.
Attached Thumbnails
0014-Final-Four-Interior-Escape-Website[1].jpg  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote