2008 Bigfoot 25FQ - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Joy, I'd presume that this will be offered as another choice in floorplans.
Roger
I believe that they still will offer the 25RQ, as I could have got a RQ, soon to be built, I think as a 2008 model.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #16

Thanks for all the info, I have just been looking at the Bigfoot seriously and I was wishing the 25' had something to sit on besides a dinette. I'd rather have a couch than a dinette anyday. This new floorplan has both. The only thing better would be the view in the back as you mentioned. Guess you have to spend lots of time in the bathroom! How does the 25' tow, is it ok in wind and/or passing semis? We had a 17' Casita and really liked it but want more room. MJ

Old 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Thanks for all the info, I have just been looking at the Bigfoot seriously and I was wishing the 25' had something to sit on besides a dinette. I'd rather have a couch than a dinette anyday. This new floorplan has both. The only thing better would be the view in the back as you mentioned. Guess you have to spend lots of time in the bathroom! How does the 25' tow, is it ok in wind and/or passing semis? We had a 17' Casita and really liked it but want more room. MJ

MJ, I am not particularly a fan of dinettes either. Our 25RQ has the front couch/table option that I find quite comfortable.

Roger
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #18

Trailer: Bigfoot
--><div class='quotemain'>
I believe that they still will offer the 25RQ, as I could have got a RQ, soon to be built, I think as a 2008 model.
[/quote]

Here are a couple photos from Bigfoot of the 25' FQ

Ron Gove
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01961.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	8852
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01962.jpg  
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #19

Hi Ron:

Are those photos from the Bigfoot factory? If so, it may be the trailer I saw under production a few weeks ago, but still may not be complete. Any more photos?

We ordered a foot shorter awning, so that the front pass-thru storage would not be impeded by the awning arm

Thanks

Rick
Old 07-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #20

Trailer: Bigfoot
Quote:
Here are a couple photos from Bigfoot of the 25' FQ
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Ron:

Are those photos from the Bigfoot factory? If so, it may be the trailer I saw under production a few weeks ago, but still may not be complete. Any more photos?

We ordered a foot shorter awning, so that the front pass-thru storage would not be impeded by the awning arm

Thanks

Rick
Yes, these are from Mark Holmes at Bigfoot. Here is one more picture, but not very good

Name:	DSC01963.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	8855
Old 07-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #21

Hi Ron: I will see how good my photos are, as I took a few when I visited the factory. I was thinking that they would put upholstery around the 'walls' of the dinette area rather than the brown rubber molding - ok well, something less for my cat to scratch
Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #22

Name:	sofa_resized.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	8861

Here are two additional photos of the 25FQ. It was under construction, but got a photo of the sofa (opposite side to the dinette), and the rear door, showing bathroom door, galley, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
rear_door.JPG  
Old 07-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #23

I was thinking that they would put upholstery around the 'walls' of the dinette area rather than the brown rubber molding - ok well, something less for my cat to scratch

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actually, I did speak with Bigfoot and they indicated that the material on the bulkheads that I thought was rubber, was actually upholstery, colour coded to other trim pieces. My cat might be happy afterall!

Rick
Old 08-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #24

My trailer is due to be completed late September, and I recently became aware of a front storage box option. It extends the trailer by 2 feet, thus the 25 would be 27 feet long. I am not sure of the price of this option, but I got two photos from Bigfoot on a 2008 25FB.

I still have the ability to add this box, but am looking for opinions:
1) will the trailer still have an attractive sideward appearance?
2) how functional will this storage box be - it will lock, but much weight will affect the tongue weight?
3) it does marginally reduce the front propane tank and battery storage area

If anyone is going to Osoyoos next week for the Bigfoot Owner's Club event, it will be there.

Any comments appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot_storage_box_1_resized.JPG   Bigfoot_storage_box2_resized.JPG  

Old 08-31-2007, 08:52 PM   #25

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Thanks for the update.

WOW! that is a different look.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #26

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
I've never understood the logic of extending a trailer for a little bit of added storage in a tongue or rear box - I would rather have the trailer body itself gain the length, which I would find more useful. On the other hand, if the storage requirement is for stuff which must be outside (generator and fuel, for instance), then I can see the outside box plan making some sense.

The extension will move the trailer body back relative to the tug, which I would guess may increase air drag (unlike a body extension)... but I suppose that is highly dependent on the specific tow vehicle.

The normal effects of the stretch in coupler-to-axle distance (regardless of how the body is handled) is that the trailer is likely more stable, and definitely tracks further in on turns, so watch those curbs.

I wonder if Bigfoot modifies the frame or tongue for this?

Whatever the pros and cons of having an extension and box, if there is going to be one, it would probably be better as a factory option than an owner modification.

Aesthetics are personal thing. I think it's done about as well as one can expect, but is not an improvement in appearance. It really doesn't matter what I think of the appearance of someone else's trailer...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #27

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
I don't see the Osoyoos Bigfoot Owner's Club event in the Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets sub-forum... are there any location and date details?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
I don't see the Osoyoos Bigfoot Owner's Club event in the Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets sub-forum... are there any location and date details?
From the BigFoot Owner's website: 2007 Annual Rally & Business Meeting September 9-14, 2007 - Osoyoos, British Columbia

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot