2008 BigFoot Travel Trailer 25B21RB - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
I am in the midst of pricing 2008 Bigfoot Travel Trailer 25B21RB and have some remaining questions. Help will be greatly appreciated.
  • What discount can I expect from the MSRP price of $38.8K with options?
  • The dealer told me that cost for factory pick-up is $700 and freight to Oregon is $1,200; seems steep. Is there any experience with factory pick-up?
  • Are factory stabilizer Jacks BAL C-type or BAL Light Trailer Jacks?
  • Is factory generator quiet enough for evening TV watching?
My best,
George.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
What generator do they install in the Bigfoot?
Is it mounted on the tongue?

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
While the shipping cost may sound steep, this is a cross-border trip with the resulting paperwork and delays... maybe that's reasonable. It may be worth considering having a separate transport company move it, but I would rather take possession on my side of the border, since there are local dealers to make that possible.

If the $1200 is instead of the $700 (not in addition), then the actual shipping cost is $500, which seems reasonable to me for the cross-border trip. My question would be: what's the $700 for?

The 25000-series Bigfoot trailers I've seen in the local dealer showroom do not have the BAL Light Trailer Jacks; they have a more substantial model, as I would expect for trailers which are not really "light".

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #4

Quote:
While the [b]shipping cost may sound steep, this is a cross-border trip with the resulting paperwork and delays... maybe that's reasonable. It may be worth considering having a separate transport company move it, but I would rather take possession on my side of the border, since there are local dealers to make that possible.

If the $1200 is instead of the $700 (not in addition), then the actual shipping cost is $500, which seems reasonable to me for the cross-border trip. My question would be: what's the $700 for?

The 25000-series Bigfoot trailers I've seen in the local dealer showroom do not have the BAL Light Trailer [b]Jacks; they have a more substantial model, as I would expect for trailers which are not really "light".
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">Thank you Brian,</span>

<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">The dealer described that $700 is for road prep, I really have no idea what this mean. Even thou I had pointed question they still resulted with vague answers. My truck is fully ready so hook-up cost is not in this cost. </span>

<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">George.</span>

Old 12-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #5

Quote:
What generator do they install in the Bigfoot?
Is it mounted on the tongue?
It is 2.5 KW Onan LP. Don't know where it is located.
George.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #6

Quote:
George.
Onan generators are know as one of the best generators. That is fairly low noise at 71dB (at half load) That generator is quite heavy at 107 lbs.

Just a point of reference: the Honda eu2000i runs at 68dB and weighs 48 lbs.

In a well insulated Bigfoot, I think you won’t notice the generator much. You will notice the vibration though. Your neighbors will probably notice the generator more then you will.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #7

Quote:
The dealer described that $700 is for road prep, I really have no idea what this mean.
The same subject has come up in the discussion about Team Trillium, and I posted some comments about "dealer prep" there.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Onan generators are know as one of the best generators. That is fairly low noise at 71dB (at half load) That generator is quite heavy at 107 lbs.

Just a point of reference: the Honda eu2000i runs at 68dB and weighs 48 lbs.

In a well insulated Bigfoot, I think you won't notice the generator much. You will notice the vibration though. Your neighbors will probably notice the generator more then you will.
Thank you for your information, I decided on Honda.

George.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #9

George,

Have you considered Used. You could save about $20,000

2004 Bigfoot 25B21RB
John and Pauline Beck, Santa Barbara. 805-687-9610
http://www.bigfootowners.com/members/ads_i...87a06790c6036e5

Here is another option. Not sure of the price.
http://www.rvtraderonline.com/find/listing...5B21RB-88912233
Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot (25B21FB) / 2002 Ford F-150 5.4L V8
Quote:
George.
All,
I saw an RB at a show in Harrisburg. If I remember correctly, the generator is mounted centered in the frame under the eggshell, forward of the front axle (that's the fuzzy part), within an angle iron box. If it's the same in the FB, that'll be under the bed.

I've got an FB on order for delivery in the Spring, so I'll know more then.

Mike D.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I am in the midst of pricing 2008 Bigfoot Travel Trailer 25B21RB and have some remaining questions. Help will be greatly appreciated.
  • Are factory stabilizer Jacks BAL C-type or BAL Light Trailer Jacks?
My best,
George.
++++++++++++++

Hi George:

I have a 2008 Bigfoot 25FB, that I ordered the BAL front and rear stab jacks. I am not sure what the light jacks are, but mine are the wind down version, using a 3/4" socket and span the trailer side to side. Coupled with my Rotochoks, the trailer is rock solid.

I just drove through the Vernon area (near the Bigfoot factory) on Sunday and horrendous driving conditions with freezing rain on top of a light snow pack. In those conditions, I would have gladly had the dealer deliver!
Rick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #12

Quote:
I have a 2008 Bigfoot 25FB, that I ordered the BAL front and rear stab jacks. I am not sure what the light jacks are, but mine are the wind down version, using a 3/4" socket and span the trailer side to side.
If they are driven by a socket, they are not the Light Trailer jacks... the light version has a couple of tabs formed onto the end of the threaded rod, and are driven by a cylindrical socket with matching slots in it.

I don't think that any of the BAL jacks really span the trailer frame, but all can be ordered with a channel to connect them instead of using an existing crossmember. Once they're bolted together, they look like one device spanning the trailer width; that's how the Bigfoot installations I've seen are done.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #13

Quote:
I don't think that any of the BAL jacks really span the trailer frame, but all can be ordered with a channel to connect them instead of using an existing crossmember. Once they're bolted together, they look like one device spanning the trailer width; that's how the Bigfoot installations I've seen are done.
+++++++++++++++

I have seen recent Bigfoot's with welded tabs to the trailer frame with the BAL jacks channel spanning the trailer frame. I have two sets of jacks, one front and one rear. My trailer is not readily at hand, so I assume that the 2008's do not deviate from the 2007's

You can probably see a set on the BAL jacks website

Rick B
Rick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #14

Thank you for your help,

I ordered 21RB with BAL Stabilizing Jacks but without generator nor the prep. I decided to pick it up in Sandy OR. This is going to be my second Bigfoot. I bought 2500 9.5’ camper in 96 for $16.5K and sold it in 07 for $13.5K, I must say it was a very good resale value.

I am planning to travel across US and wonder how accessible is LAN cable or WiFi on campgrounds? Do folks have LAN cable wired into their eggshells?

George.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Personally I haven't been in a RV park that has a wired LAN, .... but I do find WiFi to be quite readily available in most of the privately owned Parks I use. Most have unlocked systems,... some require a WEP key from management. The only place I have been charged for WiFi access is the KOA in Denham Springs, LA.
I'm sure others charge as well.
LSChilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #16

Registry
We have our 2008 bigfoot with the Onan generator built in, currently offered for sale. The generator is hardly noticeable and very convenient!
Candi Skehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #17

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
If the park has wired Internet and your trailer doesn't, all you really need is a travel router. We haven't needed it, but for hotel travel I've used an Apple Airport Express that you just plug into a wall, then plug into an Ethernet port. Once it's plugged in, it works like your own, private WiFi LAN.

For trailer park use, all you'd have to change is, instead of plugging it into an outlet and Ethernet port on the hotel wall, you use the plugs on the power post, where it'll sit hidden by the rain cover.

Five Best Travel Routers
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
New record! A 6+ year old thread revived.
It is alive ... ALIVE!!
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot