2013 camping trip plans - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
Inquiring minds want to know...how come there are so many get togethers in WA and OR as compared to other regions/state? I am jealous.

Alice
Because other than the big Oregon Gathering, they're strictly Not Organized Gatherings. They start with someone picking a place and date, then providing information on all the molded forums. NOT by trying to build consenus... which you can never get anyway. Someone just needs to start it! We've found you don't always need to go to the same place(s), but should go at the same time(s) every year. That way, folks can plan ahead.

They start small then grow. I don't organize two a year... and they're a blast!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
Pam,

There is a county park with a lighthouse on past Port Crescent beyond the old Huron City....have you ever camped there?? I think it might be Lighthouse Park.
No I've never camped there. But I might have to take a drive over and check it out! thanks for the tip
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #23

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Thanks for the insite of the gatherings Donna. I thought the NW had something going the rest of the states didn't know about. Turns out it was just me!
If I ever retire, I'll try to get some going down here in the spring and/or fall.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #24

Name: Don
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Michigan
Lots of Michigan action here. With our governor, we can use all the tourist dollars we can get. John, I live a half hour away from the Tulip Festival and it is a must see for flower festival goers. We have always stayed at the Dutch Treat, which is convenient, but a ways out of town. Also, can't think of a better out of doors volunteer gig, than protecting the sturgeon. In the summer, go down river, because it is one of the best trips our State has to offer.

Pam, I have a daughter in Milford, and have camped in almost all of the locations you have mentioned. Holly was one of the 8-10 lovers lanes of my youth. What can I say, I was "active." There is a Renaissance Festival there that gets good reviews.

We are headed to Charleston for spring break and hope to do some BBQ rib analysis. Shall let ya'll know the results.
strander100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Because other than the big Oregon Gathering, they're strictly Not Organized Gatherings. They start with someone picking a place and date, then providing information on all the molded forums. NOT by trying to build consenus... which you can never get anyway. Someone just needs to start it! We've found you don't always need to go to the same place(s), but should go at the same time(s) every year. That way, folks can plan ahead.

They start small then grow. I don't organize two a year... and they're a blast!
That's how Algonac Glassic here in Michigan started, Donna. John Warren is the founder and Scamp Master of this NOG .
We had twenty-something rigs in the park last year (our first year!), and who knows how many for 2013. It started with John announcing where and when he was camping and it just took off from there. Too bad you live so far away, D, we'd love to have you join us.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #26

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Heading down the "Great River Road" starting June 8th in Minnesota and driving as much of it as we can in 12 days. Very excited about it as it has been something I have wanted to do since I was a teenager, although I always imagined doing it on a raft like ole' Huck Finn this will be a close second. My second big trip with my Cloud.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #27

Name: Scott
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
I'm finishing up two months in Florida, two more weeks than time to head home. I've been to a few state parks on the west coast and keys, ten days at Fort DeSoto, a week in Miami and my last two in Titusville, oh plus a week at Flamingo in the Everglades. Not bad for my first trip! I'm looking to several weekend trips to the shore and a week in July, not sure yet where that will be.
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote