2013 Scamp 16ft. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #15

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentonito View Post
Donna I'm sure your advice is well intentioned, however you seem to miss the point on this issue. What we have here is a manufacturer touting a 6' 3" interior headroom when in actuality it is only 6'. Manufacturers have responsibility to provide accurate information especially on a website. Respectfully, if you don't understand that then there is no way for you to understand my position or perceptions on future use of the trailer.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
I respectfully suggest you have missed Donna's point. Regardless of what the manufactures specs are stated to be the height is what it is. It can't be changed regardless of what ever reason the manufacture states for the difference or the reason for it. If you want it to/must have more height in order to be happy, then the only option is to change trailers. Pretty simple. If you purchased the trailer new directly from Scamp then return the trailer and have them replace the trailer with a new one with the specs you believed you were buying if they can or refund your purchase... if it was purchased second hand then its buyer beware as always.

You have indicated you purchased it online - directly from Scamp? or second hand? If second hand it may help if you were to post a few photos of it - front, rear and side views or as others have suggested post the VIN number on it. There have been many people here who have purchased Scamps second hand believing them to be such and such a year model but the VIN and photos have revelled them to be older than what the purchaser believed them to be..... in one case I recall not so long ago one of the trailers was at least 15 years older than the purchaser believed. In that case one of the VIN numbers had been incorrectly transcribed on the previous owners title papers - so when the purchaser called Scamp to confirm what year the trailer was built they were told it was the year the seller indicated. Wasn't the sellers fault as they had believed it was the year they sold it at all along as that is what the paper work read when they purchased it. But the photos made it clear the trailer was older than what the paper work suggested.. Thats the thing about Scamps they haven't changed a lot over the years but there are one or two small changes that by posting a photo people very familiar with Scamps may be able to see.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #16

Name: Eric
Trailer: In the market
Washington
We'll have to agree to disagree. Thank you for your input.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Fiberglass RV mobile app

Old 01-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #17

British Columbia
Registry
I meant to ask if the height measurement the same at the front of the trailer near the door area as it is near the Air conditioning (other than the obvious drop where the AC itself sits)?

The reason I ask is if you are taking the measurement near where the AC sits it may be the AC that is causing a dip in the roof (it shouldn't though as the newer trailers have a reinforced roof that is suppose to prevent that) or it possible a combo of snow load & AC may have resulted in a dip. Or even someone such as the previous owner having put their full weight on it could do the same.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #18

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
You are correct that the Scamp website lists the interior height as 6'3". I've always wondered if that is measuring the lowest point of the ceiling or the highest. Is any part of your ceiling higher than 72.5"? In our UHaul, the AC cover on the inside lowers that ceiling height to about 6' but I don't notice it because I've become used to bending slightly at that point (I'm 6' tall). The rest of the inside ceiling is about 6'2".

I would think Scamp should be informed to correct their specifications if they are that far off for a general measurement.

Just a thought... Has the floor been raised somehow? I wondered if someone put a new wood floor or other covering in that reduced the overall height.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #19

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post

Just a thought... Has the floor been raised somehow? I wondered if someone put a new wood floor or other covering in that reduced the overall height.
Kevin you raise a good point. Many things change/happen after a trailer leaves the factory which could result in the headroom change. Without info/details in regards to the trailer - new or secondhand? or photos of the trailer pretty hard for anyone here or Scamp to take a guess as to the reason for it.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #20

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
pics for an ID

Wonder if Eric is going to post some pics soon so members can give him an idea of the year of his trailer.

Tags
scamp