Louisiana
2016 Cherokee NC Rally?

Checking on rally in October 2017

Old 06-24-2016, 07:46 PM   #2

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
2016 Cherokee NC Rally?

Any word on this rally for 2016 at the Happy Holiday Resort? I have seen no updates at all.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #3

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita SD
North Carolina
Some of the staff treated a few of the campers like crap last year. Price keeps going up, other problems as well.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:21 PM   #4

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
We are booked; however no one has stepped up to host this rally. We would be glad to help; however we will traveling returning from the Michigan UP and will not be able to put it together. We have never had any problem with any camp personnel, in fact they have been very accommodating to us.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 06-25-2016, 02:08 PM   #5

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita SD
North Carolina
Glad your experience was good, however I know of several who didn't and will not be back because of the staff.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:46 PM   #6

Central Virginia
I am booked as well for Oct 13,14,15 and leaving on 16th. Who all else has booked? I was hoping there would be 30+ fiberglass rigs there even if it is not an officially hosted event.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #7

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Scamp 19
Georgia
We will probably be there also just haven't made reservations yet. Never had a problem with the staff either. Really like the campground and location.I'll get a site in the usual area. Rally or no rally and we don't care if it's unscripted.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #8

Central Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmike View Post
Checking on rally in October 2017
If you are asking about the Cherokee rally I have done some asking around since I have a site reserved for it this year. A couple people have responded to my inquiry advising they are coming as well. I have learned there is no official host or coordinator at this time but people are still going as an informal scriptless rally. This is a great area - LOTS to see and do within a short drive - Smokey Mountain National Park, Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, Tail of the Dragon, Cades Cove, Clingmans Dome, Carl Sandburg Home, Wayah Bald lookout tower, LOTS of waterfalls, hiking, Ghost Town in the Sky, Motorcycle museum, Chimney Rock, etc... I have been in contact with Happy Holiday RV Park Happy Holiday Village a RV Park North Carolina RV Park 877-782-2765 (828) 497-9204 and was advised October 13-16, 2016 are the dates. You can call them to reserve a site and tell them you are with the fiberglass egg group to get the discount for those days and I believe a few before and after that time frame - they did give me the discounted rate. They did advise me as of today there are about 20 rigs reserved for this event. Everyone I have talked with at Happy Holiday has been very helpful but I have heard a few folks say otherwise. I would love to see LOTS more show up! I hear the folks that came to this rally in the past are super fun, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and everybody has a great time.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #9

Central Virginia
Thanks for the replies! Please keep them coming!!!! I have been in contact with Happy Holiday Village RV Park Happy Holiday Village a RV Park North Carolina RV Park 877-782-2765 828-497-9204 and was advised the dates are October 13-16, 2016, that about 20 rigs are reserved as of today and discounted rates apply IF you tell them you are part of the fiberglass egg group for these days and a few before/after if I understood correctly. I did get the discounted rate by mentioning the fiberglass egg group and every time I have spoken with them they have been very helpful - but I have heard otherwise from some folks too. I understand at this time this is a scriptless rally with no official host. I understand this has been a great rally over the years with lots of great folks who are very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and FUN! This is a great area with LOTS to see and do within a short drive - Clingman's Dome, Cades Cove, Tail of the Dragon, Wayah Bald Lookout Tower, LOTS of waterfalls - Grotto Falls, Soco Falls, Mingo Falls..., Brasstown Bald, Chimney Rock, Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, Carl Sandburg home, Ghost Town in the Sky, Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum, Sliding Rock, Lake Lure, Ricky's Soda Shop, etc...

Tags
rally