2016 Oliver Trailers Base Price Increase. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #29

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Hey guys, thought I chime in here.

I've been living pretty much full time since February in my 2015 Legacy Elite II. It truly is the Rolls Royce of fiberglass eggs and I couldn't be happier with mine. It's worth every penny and I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

But I don't think I'll need to upgrade again. This one will last longer than I will. Unless Robert and company come up with something revolutionary, I'm keeping this one.

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - http://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #30

Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The factory liability cost per trailer that is passed onto the end user comes down to the number of units made. Scamp makes far more trailers in a year than Oliver does thus the per unit cost of factory liability insurance is going to be less.
Exactly. I worked at a stick, higher end manufacturer, factory direct, and I figured the cost of advertising divided by the units per year and each person had $1,000 worth of advertising tacked on to the cost of their trailer. Advertising is expensive!

Old 10-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #31

Name: Karen
Trailer: Casita
California
We just ordered an Oliver Elite ll. We currently have a Casita. We looked at the Oliver before buying the Casita and didnt have the money to invest in the Oliver at the time. The Casita is too small and I'm tired of bumping my head on that door too. Weve had a lot of fun in it. 9 months worth in the last 18 months.

However, we wanted a true, four season trailer and additional space so we are now upgrading to the Oliver. We looked at Escapes, Airstreams and others before deciding on the Oliver. Yes, very big price tag. We felt the features and quality of the Oliver warranted spending the extra money so we have saved up for it. I like that everything we wanted extra was doable and we wont have to pay for uprades later on. We didnt get it ordered before the price increase, oh well. Going to love my Ollie when we finally pick it up in a few months.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #32

Name: Bert
Trailer: 23 foot Oliver Elite II
New Mexico
Welcome to the Oliver family. Like you we looked at the Airstream and Escapes but for the dollar and no worries the Oliver was for us. We picked ours up in October of 2015 and have lived and traveled in it for over a year. Its comfortable, easy to tow and classy and functional all at once. You'll loved all the well thought bells and whistles. We've been from Tennessee to Jasper National park and places in between. any questions feel free. We are also from California but are presently in Albany, Oregon. Best to you, Bert
Old 10-18-2016, 06:40 PM   #33

Name: Karen
Trailer: Casita
California
Thanks Bert. I do have a question. Did you get the mirrored cabinet doors? Hubby likes them and I don't. I think wiping the fingerprints off them all the time would drive me batty. If you did, I'm wondering if you like them? We chose the white but I can always change them to make hubby happy if they aren't a big cleaning issue.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #34

Name: Bill
Trailer: Oliver
North Carolina
Karen,

I have the mirrors and once you discover the "trick" of opening and closing you never actually have to touch the glass. Simply put your index finger in the latch recess and pull to open gently lowering the door with your finger still in the latch. To close simply reverse the procedure. No problem at all.
Bill
Old 10-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #35

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver 23.5
Boerne, Texas
Agree with Bill. Opening and closing the mirrored doors with your index finger doesn't leave anything to clean. We like the mirrored doors.

The Lonestar Oliver #135 | Ram 1500 5.7L
Carol and Mike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver