$29.99 back up camera - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
I've used a Peak wireless for over a year now in my full-sized truck. All-in-all it does a fair job at best. I got the Peak with the 3 1/2" screen, which I consider too small, so I can't imagine the 2 1/2" screen as being adequate. For Christmas I'm getting a hard-wired unit with a 7" screen. I'll report on it after I've used it for a couple of months.

This is the monitor I ordered from Amazon ($35.68): Amazon.com: 7 inch TFT Color LCD Car Rear View Camera Monitor Support Rotating The Screen and 2 AV Inputs: Car Electronics
And this is the camera ($15.26):
Amazon.com: Waterproof Car Rear Vehicle Backup View Camera High-definition Cmos 170 Degree Viewing Angle E363: Car Electronics
Okay, I've used the new camera and monitor for over a month now and I couldn't be happier with it. The image is clear, sharp, and NO flickering interference. Also, it's large enough that it is actually useful. Pictured with my old 3 1/2" Peak unit. The new camera didn't come with a license plate mount so I cut a piece of cheap aluminium ruler to size and drilled appropriate holes to fit - not much work, really. I was worried about wiring it, but found plugs under the carpet in the front of my cab and there was plenty of cable supplied to reach with no problem.

We've had a couple of really hard rains since I mounted it and, so far, unlike with the Peak, there has been no sign of it leaking.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00941 (2).jpg   DSC00947.jpg  

Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote