5th Wheel vs Travel Trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #41

Name: steve
Trailer: Shopping for dual axle Bigfoot
Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

Sometimes we need to see the 26 year old in our 70 year old.

...the fact that someone thinks I'm great every day makes the expectation of each morning and night a joy.

Very nice thoughts, Norm.
mt5937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #42

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
(This may be a little off topic but since I'm feeling a little strange today after a young death in the family, I'm sharing my feelings on cozy.)

So much of life is a state of mind.

Sometimes we need to see the 26 year old in our 70 year old. Amazingly, I know that's what my wife sees in me. Possibly we need to seek and see that part of others.

For me though old and weathered, though aching and unfit, the fact that someone thinks I'm great every day makes the expectation of each morning and night a joy. Now I admit she does wear glasses but Ginny still sees me as an anxious, devoted 16 year old.

Unfortunately I was not born to looking beyond the veneer but did seek it in Ginny. Once it's embraced, and it took me decades to understand it, you can reflect it, become part of it.

The little space we'll occupy for the next 11 months, doesn't seem small but rather cozy, an adventure to be shared. It's not a bother when we slip by each other during the making of breakfast, but a flash of the past, and maybe the future.

I have been so fortunate to spend the last 10 years on the road with Ginny. Every day I learn a little more of what I could have been and am becoming. The special time we have spent traveling has added immensely to my life.

Often we're asked where do you go to get your own space. We do not seek my space or her space but rather our space. Our space is a Scamp 16 and the 6,000,000 square miles of Canada and the USA.

Wishing you all Joyous travel and your space...
Thanks for putting those feelings into words.
It's too bad more of us don't feel this. I've considered myself very fortunate to be part of aging couple where we still really care about each other. We're just starting out on long term travel thing. The last couple of years have been a real joy and we're traveling in a 13' Scamp. Most of the enjoyment is sharing the moment. The more you travel, the larger the number of places you visit the more moments there are to share. Inside a small space the closeness invites shared moments, a touch, a short passage out of book being read, something spotted out the window, a discussion about anything are all moments that are better shared with someone you're close to.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #43

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: honda 03842... Sorry about your loss!!!
We are fast catching up to you, and anything that brings us closer to each other is a bonus IMHO. Those extra 4-6" 's in width would be nice but then I'd have to add extra mirrors on the truck.
What I do like about the 5.0 is the headroom. It goes along way toward dispelling the clause tro phobia. It doesn't feel like the roof is caving in on me...not that I'm tall, dark, or handsome!!! I don't have to worry about rubbing any more hair off the cranium either.
My wife thinks I need glasses...as I don't see things the way she does OTOH.
Different strokes for different folks though.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
Inside job.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #44

Trailer: 2008 13 ft Scamp
Norm and Ginny, I too must share my condolences.

You make a point that, in what I have gathered, is very relevant to the O.P..

Steve, concessions now will put you on the road sooner. Yes, there will be things that may bother you or that you may need to change. There is no perfect camper. As you know, there are times when things are perfect for the moment but no thing is perfect forever. Time is what we cannot change so small concessions should be afforded to spend time the way we wish to.

We wasted a year looking for the Swiss army knife of campers. Our joke now is we want the Harry Potter tent. It's 12 sq ft on the outside but 2500sq ft on the inside and weighs less than a pound.

My advice is pick one you can live with and enjoy.

Happy hunting!

-John
John Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote