A certain someone I know - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-07-2003, 07:29 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A certain someone I know

Ok, a certain someone I know, quite well, is married to really neat gal who recently saw the floorplan for a Bigfoot 25RQ trailer.

On a lark, since his wife really, really loved the Bigfoot 25RQ floorplan (and has nagged him about it, ever since), my friend contacted his nearest Bigfoot dealer who quoted him a rough price of US$31,000.

Once my friend picked himself off the ground, my friend decided, "Hey, my American dollar goes farther in Canada, so why not check into buying one in Canada."

Now, my friend is tickled pink with his current molded fiberglass rig, and has no intention of ever getting rid of his current trailer ...

But his thinking was "hey, maybe we can own two trailers ... a larger one for 'destination camping' where they stay for a month at one spot ... and then a tiny one which they could use to run up to Canada, and out to Colorado mountain tops where only the tiny rigs can go.

So, on a lark, my friend contacted a saleperson at Mike Rosman RV, Vernon, BC, about getting a quote on a Bigfoot 25RQ.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, he figured ... but he was soon disappointed.

My friend forwarded to me the email he received from the Rosman sales staff:

"Hi Charles. Unfortunately I can not sell you NEW Bigfoot product. We can only sell you used product. We may have a 25' in our used inventory by then because the 25' just came out this year.I apologize for this inconvenience. If there is any additional information I can help you with, please email me or call me at."

So, it appears my friend is going to disappoint his wife once again. (Don't worry, she's used to it.)

Old 05-07-2003, 07:33 PM   #2

That's the old US vs Canada dollar thing again.

I'll buy it for you (with your money) and sign it over - problem solved! :)

Old 05-07-2003, 07:38 PM   #3

>>I'll buy it for you

That thought had crossed my friend's mind.

At this point, he's just in the "what if" stage.

The thing he found interesting is the Rosman salesperson saying they "couldn't sell him new Bigfoot product."

My friend wondered if that's a Bigfoot edict ... or past Rosman trouble with getting the proper paperwork together for importation to the states.

Rosman claims to be the largest Bigfoot dealer in North America ... or so my friend says.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:49 PM   #4

another way

Rosemans has a rental fleet if they put a new camper/trailer in the rental fleet for 3 months they can sell it as used. Of course Rosemans will give you a full warranty and they can back that up being the largest Bigfoot dealer.

Myself I am not going to buy from the crying US dealers. It has to come out even when you do the exchange. What it really is the US dealers do not want to compete with the Canadian dealers. The reason I belive is the Canadian dealers know more about the product, move more units and as such work on a better margin.

I also belive this to be price fixing or at least market manuplation by the US dealers so I going north.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM   #5

Can't buy new???

Yet more proof that NAFTA is there for the benefit of business and NOT for us.

Ain't 'Free' Trade a great deal? :o

mkw
Old 05-07-2003, 11:48 PM   #6

When you have an exchange rate as it is (although our dollar is FINALLY climbing) these things are bound to muddle the market.

It's only Rosman's official stance - trust me - they will sell you a unit anyhow/anyway!

(When I bought my Durango in 1998 I was asked to sign a form saying I would not sell to the US market for a pre-determined amount of time. I never signed it - and I still own my truck.)

If I lived in the US I would definately buy up here, and that applies to almost anything. Rule #1 - The customer is always right!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:54 PM   #7

used and abused

That's the old US vs Canada dollar thing again.I'll buy it for you (with your money) and sign it over - problem solved!

I'll offer the same deal [to your friend of course]Charles. Just say the word.

Mike
Old 05-08-2003, 08:19 PM   #8

Ummmm!

Yes, Karl, of course! Just lie back on der couch now! Und how long has your...uh...friend had dis problem? Ehhh?