A few questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
I thought I read somewhere that the shower drain needs to be open, but can't find a previous post. I asked the RV place in TX, but they couldn't help.

Also, the previous owner gave me a green hose. I know the white one is for fresh water, but what is the green hose for?

What do I use to empty the grey tank?

Do I need to turn the water faucet on for a few minutes before lighting the furnance/hot water tank? Is there a seperate pilot light for furnace/hot water tank?

Thanks,

Lisa
Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
Quote:
I thought I read somewhere that the shower drain needs to be open, but can't find a previous post. I asked the RV place in TX, but they couldn't help.

Also, the previous owner gave me a green hose. I know the white one is for fresh water, but what is the green hose for?

What do I use to empty the grey tank?

Do I need to turn the water faucet on for a few minutes before lighting the furnance/hot water tank? Is there a seperate pilot light for furnace/hot water tank?

Thanks,

Lisa
Lisa,
Keep the shower drain open all the time except when you are travelling with grey water: it prevents it from surging forward and up into the shower floor. Not a big deal if you forget; I've never had anything overflow the bathroom door. Valve should be open when dumping - acts like a vent pipe.

I use a green hose for water filling - couldn't find a white one in 100' length, which I often need. I sanitize the fresh tank periodically and don't rely on it for drinking water: bottled water in the fridge for drinking.

I empty grey tank anywhere, but be discreet. Don't want to give the impression that you're dumping something irresponsibly. It's best to empty it where your landscape can best use it - let the plants have it rather than a storm drain. Tank empties best if trailer is slightly nose up, slightly tilted to the driver's side. The only time my grey tank goes into a sewer is when I am dumping the black tank; about once a week.

My water heater lights automatically, but I get the best performance if, after filling the fresh tank, I hook up the hose to the city water connection, THEN turn off the hose and unhook.
Then I'm sure the water heater is full and there is water in the lines.
Make sure water is coming out of the hose before you hook up the city connection, otherwise you will be pumping air from the hose into your water lines. When that air comes through your taps it's like throwing water balloons around inside!
If you need to run a faucet to get the lines full, it should take a few seconds, not a few minutes.

Hope this helps! Happy Trails!
P
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
The shower drain is out front , on the door side , behind the propane tanks. it is hard to see it is just a tee handle.pull it forward to open push it toward the back to shut. Pretty easy once you find it .
The green hose could have been used for just about anything. Dont take a chance useing it for fresh water . i use a green hose to flush out the commode and for draining gray water when iam boodocking they make a 3inch to garden hose adaptor .
the sewer hose should be in the bumper the rubber plugs just pull out. remeber to wear disbosable gloves when handleing the hose. it hooks up to the 3 inch connection on the street side of the egg. at Skidway the dump road tilts away from the drain i need a one inch board to put under the crub side trailer wheel this is enough that the gray tank drains all the way.
Have fun at Skidway SP oh they do have basic cable at the sites but over the air rection was pretty good. Cheers
oh keep puppy or kittens and your self away from the spanish moss it is full of chiggers
Doh i forgot about the Caista forum they put togrther a great casita information book on how to poperate things you have to be registered to download . great info on casitas how too's http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/...p?showforum=28
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
One more thing - If you are already undressed for a shower, and remember that the valve is closed, just go ahead and take your shower. You will only be ankle deep in water, and it doesn't half come close to overflowing the door. Then open the valve once you're through and dressed.
Saves the hassle of getting dressed just to jump out and open the valve.
P
Also, back to the grey tank - I've only had the Casita in a campground once in a year and a half, and since I'm fulltime my methods may seem foreign to campers who always have good access to a dump station or hookups. The only reason for me to find a dump station is to dump the black tank.
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
Quote:
The shower drain is out front , on the door side , behind the propane tanks. it is hard to see it is just a tee handle.pull it forward to open push it toward the back to shut. Pretty easy once you find it .
The green hose could have been used for just about anything. Dont take a chance useing it for fresh water . i use a green hose to flush out the commode and for draining gray water when iam boodocking they make a 3inch to garden hose adaptor .
the sewer hose should be in the bumper the rubber plugs just pull out. remeber to wear disbosable gloves when handleing the hose. it hooks up to the 3 inch connection on the street side of the egg. at Skidway the dump road tilts away from the drain i need a one inch board to put under the crub side trailer wheel this is enough that the gray tank drains all the way.
Have fun at Skidway SP oh they do have basic cable at the sites but over the air rection was pretty good. Cheers
oh keep puppy or kittens and your self away from the spanish moss it is full of chiggers
eeks! Chiggers... I can't have chiggers and shingles! \
Do they fall out of the moss like ticks do from trees? So should I ask for a site away from the Spanish Moss?

Thanks for telling me where the T handle is... I would have been/ and have looked around the grey/black tank drains.

Thanks for the info y'all... I can't wait to see my Tonka Truck and my parents tomorrow
Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
chiggers are in the moss hanging in the trees, they are not troble unless you go and start collecting the moss. oh dont forget a grass mat or something else to wipe you feet off with
lots of pine needs and sandy ground toss in morning dew and it can get messy fast.
the black and gray water drian out the 3 inch connection on the street side the foward pull lever is the black water tank and the one toward the back is the gray water. Dont open them at the same time otherwise the black will drain in to the gray.which could make drain the gray tank harder to do if your are going to a blue tote.
if you dont have a blue tote you can use a pail or bucket to drian some of you gray water off to then tote it up to the washrooms. After lots of trips you will get used to conserveing water

happy camping
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote