A funny thing happened on the way to the Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
not sure what yet, its up to YOU to fill in the blank.

I have a new job starting in May. It'll be tuff, but I have to buck up on deal with it.

I will be hosting a Forest Service campground in the Willamette NF, about 40 miles east of Eugene Oregon. Delta Campground off hiway 126, easily accesible from I-5.

Since I will be working (Har!) it will be impossible for me to get away to Bandon, but anyone who wants to go a tad out of their way (About an hour) to or from the gathering.. please stop by and visit! Its a beautiful lush forest campground, RV friendly and I will host a campfire for anyone that pulls in!

Webfoots can come anytime they want... not just for Gathering travel.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Oh WOW! you it looks like a hard job,but you know someone has to do it.

You should enjoy working there very much and all the nice people you will get to talk too.

best of luck...Lynn
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
What happened to Wisconsin? Hope you enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Registry
You're going to leave Quartzsite! . . . in MAY!. . . for that Delta campground in Oregon. What are you, nutz? There's no rocks, no cactus, no 120 degrees in the shade. Come on. Have you given this enough thought?
WtMtJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes, it is tearful indeed. I have already found loving homes for my scorpions, and the rattle snake is holed up with some bimbo snake..

but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Robin, I was asked to go back to Show Low, which I agreed to do, contingent on my finding work in the NW. At the RV show here in Quartzsite, all the big (and small) concessionaires come here and recruit. This is the main reason I landed here.

Seems funny in this day and age that employers have to travel to find workers, and there certainly was no shortage of decent offers. I picked the one that worked the best for me. My choices were a Campground just 7 miles from my house in So Cal, one out I-90 east of Seattle or this one.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #6

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Hmmm.....
Camped on the loop that starts just east of Delta (Aufderheide?) a couple of years ago and liked it. We traveled counterclockwise and the imbalance of it has plagued us ever since. It could be that a clockwise direction could straighten that out, so who knows? Now if we could get a 13' Burro to come at the same time we could have the big ones butt heads for the favors of the little one. Can you see it?
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
A beautiful place. Lots of places to explore also. French Pete trailhead is just up the road a ways from the campground as well as the hot springs. The lava flows off of 126 are nice to hike in with lots of lakes and several waterfalls in the area. We do day trips and camp in that area quite often.

We drove around the loop at Delta Campground a couple of months ago. Our beagle and doxie enjoyed greeting and speaking with several other doxies and beagles camping there. Your pups won't be lonesome.

It will be interesting to hear of your working experience with Hoodoo.
Bill&Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Have a great time Gina!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #9

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
At least you will be back in Oregon and that is a plus!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
What great news! We'll be sure to stop in to say "hi" if we find ourselves in the vicinity of your new home. Have a safe trip and welcome back to Oregon!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #11

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Wonderful news. Really happy for you. Sad that we decided to go east this year instead of west, so we will miss you.

Last year on the way to the gathering we wanted to do McKenzie Pass but it was closed that summer. We *had* to go up 126 and then down 126. What a great detour. We spent the night at Suttle and the next day we were treated to that falls near Ice something. Wow, what a treat. We really want to return to that area sometime. Work in that area again next year!

I'm glad you will be in Oregon. I was concerned about you and your pets in WI. You all will be much more comfortable in Oregon, trust me. There is a reason I leave for the coast in July.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote