A little thanks in order - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #1

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
A little thanks in order

With some of the recent negativity floating around I figure this is as good of time and place as any to say thanks to the folks that make this place what I consider a wonderful place.
  • That would be thanks to the folks who posted suggestions and details of what they had done. Both to solve my problem or just to share a neat idea.
  • Thanks for the "good idea" or "well put" that offer encouragement to participate.
  • Thanks for the cheerleading and encouragement. Both directly offered or by showing what is possible. It's good to see what success looks like when taking on a mess-o-work.
  • Thanks for the folks who went out and took measurements and pictures to help me with my work.
  • Thanks to those that shared information and ideas I care nothing about, it broadens my horizons.
  • Thanks to those who took the time to engage in a discussion and speculation, sharing their ideas, experiences and knowledge.
  • Thanks to those who took the time to correct my understanding and thinking on a problem. Sometimes step by step tearing down everything in my prior post. all without calling me names or casting aspersions.
  • A special thank you to those we debated some topic to death, aside from being entertaining it does a wonderful job of outlining the arguments for "Taste Great" vs. "Less Filling".
I'm just bright enough to recognize a lot of what I learned over the years without urinating on the electric fence myself I learned from others who know how electric fence works. Those of you that suggested since I'm not grounded I won't get a shock.... well lets just say I declined to use your advice and went with another posted idea.

And a special thanks to the moderators, can't be an easy job one could almost say it's a lot like....

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Thumbs up

ditto
Old 08-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Roger,

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I completely agree. I have quit being as active here, as I am tired of all the complaints I have read here lately. I read and then don't feel like posting.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #5

Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
I must be missing something here. This site and the Escape Forum site always seems to be well behaved.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
I appreciate your message, RogerDat. I want to apologize for any statements I have made in any posts that would be interpreted as negating the job of moderators on this forum. It is a difficult task that they do and I greatly appreciate their time and efforts to make this forum such a great resource.

While I have not posted much, I have learned a great deal from all of those members who have taken the time to contribute and share their suggestions or what they have done to fix or improve their own fiberglass trailers. There is a wealth of information here and I am sure there are countless visitors who have reaped the benefits of these posts over the years. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to share and respond to those who are asking for help!

Linda
LindaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
RogerDat, once again, I thank you for this thread. A recent thread that I started was shut down and I am entirely thankful for that. I learned a great deal in the process and am thankful not only for the great information that is shared on this forum, but also for the personal lessons I have learned as a result of mistakes I have made.

I want to openly apologize to any whom I may have offended. I tend to react and think later and am constantly reminded that I have once again put my foot in my mouth or have made unfair assumptions. Thanks to all who have taken the time to point this out to me, and thanks to the moderators for taking my thread down. I hope I am never too old to learn how to be a be a better person!

Linda
LindaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaK View Post
I want to openly apologize to any whom I may have offended. I tend to react and think later and am constantly reminded that I have once again put my foot in my mouth or have made unfair assumptions. Thanks to all who have taken the time to point this out to me, and thanks to the moderators for taking my thread down. I hope I am never too old to learn how to be a be a better person!

Linda
Speaking for myself no apology necessary, but thoughtful of you to offer one.

For me the bottom line is generally speaking I don't think I have met anyone on the forum I would not be happy to share a campfire with. Pretty special when you think about the diverse backgrounds we all come from and different life styles and life experiences we bring to the forum. Somehow we become..... (can't help myself!)

One forum under fiberglass roofs. Divisible by our opinion on tires.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #9

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
And WDHs!

And 32" tvs
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Those of you that suggested since I'm not grounded I won't get a shock.... well lets just say I declined to use your advice and went with another posted idea.
Most fencers run 10-40 kV. No need to be grounded. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #11

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I have always had a positive experience here and have always enjoyed all the posts. Without the advice and ideas on here I think I may still be working on my first project because I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing. ha. Thanks to everyone for all their help.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #12

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
((((GROUP HUG))))

I agree.............you guys are great!

p.s. ------------ can I borrow your trailer?
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #13

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Only if we can borrow yours!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #14

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I have to say that the support I received after my wife passed away exceeded my expectations (don't know for sure if I had any). In some ways more support that I got from long time friends and theirs was wonderful. I believe that I'm mostly out of my funk and in the final step in the grief process...that of acceptance. I've stopped participating in any other forums. Thank you all.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Thumbs up

See you on the road, Bob
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #16

Name: Noel
Trailer: 1300 Boler -The Pine Cone
Ontario
Registry
I love reading this forum as much as possible. Everyone here means well and has the same focus in mind otherwise why register. Keeping the FG trailer popular and used regularly is a great addiction, I think. And with regards to the electric fence, I'm a curious fellow. If you haven't tried it, don't do it, or won't do it twice that's for sure. Some of us have learn the hard way.
Cheers everyone.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #17

Name: Jan
Trailer: '96 Scamp 5th Wheel
Texas
I agree! I must have missed something... This a great site and I am very grateful for all the help I have gotten. I'm not sure I would have been able to manage without it. If I had to it would have been so much harder. All the suggestions and ideas and encouragement are worth their weight in gold. Thank you to all who take the time to participate. And to the moderators- it's a big job and I appreciate your dedication to keeping the word out there for us all!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #18

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lespnd View Post
......And with regards to the electric fence, I'm a curious fellow. If you haven't tried it, don't do it, or won't do it twice that's for sure. Some of us have learn the hard way.
Cheers everyone.
There is a saying: Some folks will take advice because someone tells them. Some folks need to understand "why" before they will believe the advice. The third type has to go test it for themselves. The third type is described by their willingness to "test" an electric fence before they believe the advice despite the fact that being wrong can be let us say painful.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #19

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I have always found that when working on a project and I get stuck and need advice from the site I will generally find at least 2 or 3 opinions on how to do something, why to, and/or why not to do something. I've had a lot of luck with it I find several matching opinions especially from senior members generally it is sound advice that has been tested through experience. I was able to install my own solar system based on what I learned here and there are a lot of different views and opinions on that subject.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote