A little worse for wear. - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Upon returning from the 6000 mi. trip to Whitehorse and back, my little Ventura is a little worse for wear. My girfriend accidentally left the vent open on the 2nd day and vola - lots of fresh air. Her remedy was to put the plastic bag over the inside of the hole and each day add more green duck tape. Upon removing the mess it took my roof paneling with it. It started to look like a disease growing each day. The cupboard was detaching itself from the panelling and will take more than a few adjustments.

The porta potti always sat front line and center so, I would like to discretely hide that sucker under a bench. Each day the furnace (remained unused) would deposit black, smeary soot in front of it on the floor. Ah the list goes on, and I know what I will be doing this winter beside sitting in front of a heater. Have to say that was a whole new experience with my little "tailgator" behind me.

bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
That sounds like a mess, Bonnie!

How was the trip?

Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:00 AM   #3
Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Hi Gigi, actually I have a friend with your name. Had a super trip all in all. Achieved exactly what I set out to do which was to go back to where I grew up (Whitehorse 1947-1952, Teslin 1952-55). I was a year old when I went to the Yukon and 9yrs. old leaving. It was extremely emotional meeting up with an old girlfriend from
Teslin (we were 8yrs. old) and she showed me the one room school room which is still standing. My friend introduced me to an elderly Native man who said to me, "I remember you when you were this tall, and your sister had blonde hair!". He also said that your father was such a kind man and good to everyone. It's like the clock stood still after 50 yrs. had passed ! The scenery was spectacular! Going to Whitehorse was memorable seeing the old paddlewheeler on the river shore. I have a pic of myself and friends when I was 6yrs. and a river boat is on the river behind us. Lots of reminising. (you know you are getting old when --

My girlfriend and I drove up the Stuart Cassiar Hwy. and made the loop coming down the Fort. Nelson etc. I have to say that I was somewhat stressed out towing for the first time. A lot of shifting with my little truck, but we got home safe and sound. It's not easy for me sitting beside someone driving my truck, no one can drive it as well as me ha, ha. Haven't mastered the backing up yet, tried to get the pull through's. I have no regrets making the trip and would say that Liard Hot Springs was the highlight. Thanks for asking Gigi.
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
Trailer: 17 ft Escape
How were the bears in Lliard? My brother and I made that trip 10 years ago now with my three little kids in tow. We had a mini van and camped as best we could. We went to visit friends in Teslin. The Alaska hwy was in constant repair when we went and the Stuart Cassiar was little more than a logging road!

Well done for taking a trailer on your first big trip!!

Jen'nBarb is offline   Reply With Quote