A Note of thanks you to all on the GTO. - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Thumbs up A Note of thanks you to all on the GTO.

Thanks to the wonderfull people on here and the mostily positive reponses , for the first time in almost twenty years I have actually thought about getting the GTO on the road. I was out walking my 4 and half miles today and thought about getting some help if I can find sombody that wants to work in this town and pull off the front clip and store it outside with a tarp on it. And then pulling the engine and tearing it down for the rebuild. I can do this over the winter and rebuild the trans also. I moved to this town back in 88 and pretty much quit doing most of the things I used to do. This town and the people here just suck the life right out of you. I do want to move. I just dont know where?

I have been looking at some of the fiber glass trailers not seriously looking because I am not even close. But I could imagine towing one of these after I get every thing done on the car.I am def going 16 footer

I can't thank you guys enough you have really helped me a lot. I am not getting any younger and the years are going way to fast. I really need to do this.

This car has been sitting since 94 its very sad indeed. I had the trans rebuilt doing some trade work and it popped out of third under load and I just got discusted with it and parked it.Before this it popped out of 2nd under load . The trans has never been right in this car.

Again Thank you guys you have really helped me alot !

You only live once! Thanks again
__________________

__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
Don't feel too bad, I've got a half dozen projects waiting that have been parked in my barn for years. In the early 80's when our son graduated high school and went to college I parked his '62 Fairlane and bought him a cheap old Dodge, then later a used Camry. After the Fairlane sat for 20 years I got it out in 2008 to use in a movie. It felt good just to get the old car on the road again, but it needs a complete overhaul and is sitting in the barn again, along with some other Fairlanes, an early Bronco, International truck, 76 Ford pickup, and some farm tractors, plus just maintaining the 3 campers we own keeps me way too busy. So just one car to focus on should be easy. Chip Foose needs to revive his TV show for us!!
__________________

__________________
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
MC1
Senior Member
 
MC1's Avatar
 
Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Posts: 2,006
RV Nut... your project sounds very interesting. Hope you get into it.

In our neighborhood a guy has a late 60's Fairlane with top loader 4 speed. It was in his grandmothers garage until 2007. Then he moved it to his driveway and parked it under a maple tree. It has been parked there ever since. Not touched, moved, or started. You should see it today. Not a pretty site. I should take another pic.

Here it was when he parked it in 07.
Attached Thumbnails
ford fairlaine IMG_1006.jpg  
__________________
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
What happened to the $1000 Egg?????
By chance was it the one advertised in Cedar City at a yard sale.... about a year ago?
__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
.

Here it was when he parked it in 07.
GT wheels and hubcaps on it, I have a set of those I plan on using on my '64 if I ever get it done.
__________________
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
honda03842's Avatar
 
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Posts: 7,300
As we've aged we've learned from our 'small trailer living' how little we need versus want. We have been down to one vehicle for 7 years and are currently considering eliminating our NH house and using a camping site for our NH summers.

Beyond the cost of stuff, owning stuff diminishes free time. In some cases diminishing free time is like living less years. Our goal is to maximize time for fun, we worked enough.
__________________
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Don't feel too bad, I've got a half dozen projects waiting that have been parked in my barn for years. In the early 80's when our son graduated high school and went to college I parked his '62 Fairlane and bought him a cheap old Dodge, then later a used Camry. After the Fairlane sat for 20 years I got it out in 2008 to use in a movie. It felt good just to get the old car on the road again, but it needs a complete overhaul and is sitting in the barn again, along with some other Fairlanes, an early Bronco, International truck, 76 Ford pickup, and some farm tractors, plus just maintaining the 3 campers we own keeps me way too busy. So just one car to focus on should be easy. Chip Foose needs to revive his TV show for us!!
Well if was around I would come over and help you get your Fairlane going I used to be a Ford tech and the old Fords are right up my alley. Thanks for the post!
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
RV Nut... your project sounds very interesting. Hope you get into it.

In our neighborhood a guy has a late 60's Fairlane with top loader 4 speed. It was in his grandmothers garage until 2007. Then he moved it to his driveway and parked it under a maple tree. It has been parked there ever since. Not touched, moved, or started. You should see it today. Not a pretty site. I should take another pic.

Here it was when he parked it in 07.
It never fails sombody gets somthing nice and beats the crap out of it. or lets it sit and rot and there is the famous OH NO ITS NOT FOR SALE I AM GOING TO RESTORE IT ONE OF THESE DAYS! If I had a buck for every time I heard that I wold be Donald Trump. 20 years later the guy dies and it gets hauled to the scrap yard. If I was there I would try and buy it and get it going and restore it. Man what a bummer what a nice car and a four speed to boot!
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
What happened to the $1000 Egg?????
By chance was it the one advertised in Cedar City at a yard sale.... about a year ago?
No it was about a month ago. It was sold but at least there are some deals you just have to move fast. Still havent given up on a deal out there some where.

Winters comming and people will need cash I will find one.:
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
GT wheels and hubcaps on it, I have a set of those I plan on using on my '64 if I ever get it done.

Those are nice wheels indeed. They make an old Ford look so clean.
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
MC1
Senior Member
 
MC1's Avatar
 
Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Posts: 2,006
I like the small block Fords too. Dropped a 302 in a Pinto and an AMC Pacer "many years ago" Here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...5/pinto796.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...05/pacer11.jpg
__________________
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
As we've aged we've learned from our 'small trailer living' how little we need versus want. We have been down to one vehicle for 7 years and are currently considering eliminating our NH house and using a camping site for our NH summers.

Beyond the cost of stuff, owning stuff diminishes free time. In some cases diminishing free time is like living less years. Our goal is to maximize time for fun, we worked enough.
Well that is great!
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
I like the small block Fords too. Dropped a 302 in a Pinto and an AMC Pacer "many years ago" Here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...5/pinto796.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...05/pacer11.jpg

Wow the Pacer looks cool where in the hell did you get the kit to modify the body? I have never seen anything like that in my life.
Years ago I worked at a Tunex in Utah when I was a tech and one of the coworkers had a pinto with a 302 had one trans places built the trans and put i a shift kit. Just had a two barrell but it hauled ass! I was 6.3 and 260 and he was like Magilla the Gorrilla in the car! Knuckles dragging the ground when he drove itLOL
__________________

__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I Fix the GTO to tow a Scamp? RV NUT CASE General Chat 85 09-04-2013 09:01 PM
A note to Renovators Reid Larsen Modifications, Alterations and Updates 11 01-27-2013 09:20 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.