A question for the forum - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
A question for the forum

Ya'll have been unbelievably helpful with your opinions and advise. Thank you.
I am an audiophile, I love music. One of my hobbies is tinkering with stereos, either in my vehicles or my house.
My question for ya'll is, if we where to offer a stereo system in the Lil Snoozy as an option, how many would be interested in it? How much would you be willing to budget for it? Would an inexpensive 2 speak setup be preferd over a high end, multi channel, high quality system?

LiL Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Name: Barrie
Trailer: 13 ft Trillium (sold 1/1/12)
New Brunswick
Hi Nicholas,
I carry my mp3 player and headphones just in case i decide to listen to music. A stereo system played in the trailer would just be another source of noise I would be concerned would bother my camper neighbors. A stereo in the trailer would inevitably be turned up by many to be heard at the picnic table (and beyond). However, I am a minimalist camper and never hook to power or water when in a campground so I may be the exception.
Good luck with your new business. I like what I see and wish you well.

Barrie Bochoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
hi nicholas.... for me, i would find a stereo a nice addition...but not a high-end one. i would use it to listen to radio...and perhaps to play some cds...but i'd not want to spend a lot of extra $$$ on it.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
This is the business I am in.
I may be the only one with an actual "High End" system in an Egg although I certainly hope not?
We spoke at some length the other day as the Tornado sirens were sounding here.
Feel free to P.M. me if you want to talk about it,I may be able to help on a few levels.

The key here as always is to get good sound at low listening levels and the rest will always follow,every time.

Needless to say I am all over A/V in an Egg.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My vote would be for inexpensive 2 speak setup.

I don't know about price point, but i do know A-liner charges about $428 for a Weatherproof AM/FM stereo with 2 in and 2 outdoor speakers and I-Pod Connection.

I see Escape charges 300 CAD for a Stereo/DVD Player.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
There's enough noise in many campgrounds as it is. I vote for NO. I do have we carry our ipod but rarely use them. And as pointed out above somebody always thinks they know the kind of music everybody should listen to.
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
I for one like to listen to music and always respect those around regarding the level. I would find a stereo/cd combo a nice addition but a 2-speaker system would be more than adequate. Of course my truck has a 7 speaker system in much less space. I also am hooked on XM radio and it would be nice to have the capability to hook my portable unit up to it as well. Not a big deal as I carry a XM Radio boom box with me.

Great idea in my opinion. Even better than tv since I can go years without ever watching tv (or movies)
nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
It would be nice to have a system built in to save space on flat surfaces and to bury the wiring in the walls.
I'd make it a car type AM FM receiver with USB and MP3 player inputs.
It's up to the owner to be polite and tasteful when camping around others.
That said, I have little faith in humanity when it comes to repect for others as I observe it in the form of Harley riders and their obnoxiously loud pipes.
Peter_Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
To me, a cheap-o stereo is more of an irritation than entertainment. My current trailer came with one (runs off the battery, which is convenient), but it's not much fun to listen to. MP3 with headphones is more enjoyable.

You'll never please everyone if you offer just one stereo option, though. So why not have options for both a basic unit and a really good premium one? Eventually, anyway. No one expects you to do it all tomorrow.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
AM/FM CD and a input for XM, 2 speakers are good but 4 would be even better.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
Hi Nicholas, as you might have expected when you asked the question we have diverse opinions and tastes.

Have you or would you consider a built in satellite radio option with a USB port to play and charge an Ipod/Ipad/iPhone?

Apple is reported to have sold 18 million iphones, 9 million iPods and 4 and a half million iPads in Q2 2011. Some of your potential customers are bound to have one of those in their travel kit!!

If you were to provide an old skool "stereo" option and I were your customer I'd want to see a leading brand name instead of the junk that seems so prevalent in the RV world.

Thanks for asking for our input, best of luck with your business.
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2009 Escape
I vote for offering two levels.
Jim_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
I vote for a small two speaker system that has a radio and Ipod/iphone dock as I dont carry CD's anymore. Actually dont know a lot of people who still use CD's in their cars or trailers. Doesnt need a lot of power due to the small space but needs to sound good on low. A friend gave me a small Bose Sound Dock system for my trailer but its power was a bit wasted in the small trailer space so I ended up using it in the house and got a small system with less power for the trailer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #14
Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
If you offer a stereo system option, I suggest one that has a universal MP3 player input. Alternately, you could offer a pre-wired setup for power and 4 speakers. Saves the hassle of running cables and lets customer install whatever system easily.

I wish to be one day at least half as good as I think I am today. Andrew Kalinowski
Photography: http://www.FotoCanada.ca
Maps: http://www.CanadianMaps.ca
GPS hobby: www.GPSNuts.com
Andrew GPSMapNut is offline   Reply With Quote