A Real Neat New One! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #21
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Trouble is with a longer tongue, and being as how these trailers are measured from tongue to rear bumper it would appear you get less living space, No???

Not necessarily, Bill, but there's probably less difference than you think. Have you done an actual inside length measure of your Casita? The inside of my 16' is actually a few inches shy of 13'. The way I figure it, the 17' Casita is only about 6" longer on the inside than my 16" and that difference is in the bed. The fridge is larger, but that is taken up in the aisle and the kitchen. I very well could be wrong, but try as I might, I never could find a full 12" of difference in the two. The fact that the Egg camper has seperate interior walls might lose an inch or two, but the Casitas front wall is also double so it wouldn't be much.

The thing that makes it so hard (for me) to compare brands of molded trailers is that they all have their pluses and minuses. There are things that I like and dislike in all of them, so it makes it really hard to compare. That's why each person has to decide what is important to them.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:20 AM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
We came across this new trailer and were very impressed. How do you folks like it?

http://www.roamingtimes.com:80/consu.../eggcamper.asp
How much is your trillium? What is the weight? I have looked for a long time, hope you can get back to me asap. Thanks Cheers!!!
Karen Hyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #23
Suz

Registry
Karen, I know that Ken and Diane have a wonderful Trill, but I don't think they are ready to put it up for sale just yet. Are you Ken?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #24

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
Let there be no misunderstanding, we like the look of the new Egg Camper but our Tril has become a family pet. I doubt we will ever part with it.

The Trillium 4500, as we have it set up, weighs about 1,700 pounds empty. The last time we weighed it loaded and ready to roll it was about 2,000 pounds with about 150 tongue weight.
Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:50 AM   #25

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

With that seam the way it is, does anyone know if this Egg can accomodate an a/c on the roof?
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:21 AM   #26

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
After talking to Jim at Egg Camper, they still install the glass shower door if one wants it. One of the reasons they use a curtain is because it tucks out of the way and increases the visual space. I believe he said the (bathroom) doorway is about 30" wide so I'm now glad it doesn't have a door. This would be a large piece of wood. When I asked if I could add a door at some point, he said that it was structurally able to handle one, so yes. At first I gasped when he said 30", but it makes sense. The Casita front bathroom door is about 22" (on mine) so a trailer that is 8" wider ... well, that comes to 30".
There is a new film retractable shower door that has been around for about five years and is finding acceptance in many new RVs. I installed one in my Airstream motorhome after removing the old accordion door and one came pre-installed in my new Bigfoot.

They're light weight, and translucent, but not transparent. They're really an excellent piece of equipment that does what they're supposed to. They self-store and don't take up much space.

Shower/Tub Screen

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:41 AM   #27
Suz

Registry
Quote:
With that seam the way it is, does anyone know if this Egg can accomodate an a/c on the roof?
Not sure, but they are not installing it there. It is installed under the front dinette seat next to the bathroom.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:45 AM   #28
Suz

Registry
Quote:
There is a new film retractable shower door that has been around for about five years and is finding acceptance in many new RVs. I installed one in my Airstream motorhome after removing the old accordion door and one came pre-installed in my new Bigfoot.

They're light weight, and translucent, but not transparent. They're really an excellent piece of equipment that does what they're supposed to. They self-store and don't take up much space.

Shower/Tub Screen

Roger
That looks great, Roger. I hadn't seen that before.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #29

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Many post ago, Suz suggested windows on each side of the seam on the rear. The only problem I see with this is that it would require either curved windows or a change in the body shape.

I recently looked in a motorhome that had a retractable shower "door", which I believe is the same thing that Roger described, although it felt more like a solid film (Roger's term) than a fabric (as described by the Camping World site). I assume it was done to be compact (compared to a rigid door), and it wouldn't billow into the shower space (like a loose curtain), so it made sense to me. It seemed to be easy to use. For those really looking for privacy, I don't know that this would do the trick, as it is only translucent.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:59 AM   #30

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Brian, I found Camping World's "fabric" description interesting as well since all of them I've seen are the heavy film material. They're not quite opaque, but I don't think they're transparent enough to worry about. They make a nice full-time shower door.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote