A Real Neat New One! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
We came across this new trailer and were very impressed. How do you folks like it?

http://www.roamingtimes.com:80/consu.../eggcamper.asp
Attached Thumbnails
eggcamper.jpg  
Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yep, talked about this one before too...told ya, nuthin' gets past this group In fact, we've already got the picture in the albums. I tried searching for the topic...but Egg Camper isn't bringing up much, but I remember it being a pretty interesting topic. Did find this one tho:
EggCamper Demo available, 2006, $13,330, located in Michigan

I'll poke around, maybe I can find that other topic yet.

On edit: Okay found it! EggCamper... New trailer brand coming soon!, Exclusive first look... and we get it here!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Yep, talked about this one before too...told ya, nuthin' gets past this group In fact, we've already got the picture in the albums. I tried searching for the topic...but Egg Camper isn't bringing up much, but I remember it being a pretty interesting topic. Did find this one tho:
EggCamper Demo available, 2006, $13,330, located in Michigan

I'll poke around, maybe I can find that other topic yet.

On edit: Okay found it! EggCamper... New trailer brand coming soon!, Exclusive first look... and we get it here!
Thanks Donna, we can always count on you to find things. This is a sweet little unit don't you think?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 84 13 ft Sunline (stickbuilt)
We actually stopped in saturday while driving around. This place is 15 minutes from our house. It was after hours and they were locked up but they do look very nice. If anyone needs info or pics we can try to swing by again.
Kevin & Georgetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
At 88" wide, it looks to me like it might be a suitable substitue for the wide body Burro, if someone is wanting a new one. It looks rather low to the ground, but it does have 14" tires, so it's probably just an optical illusion.

Anyone know how much they go for new? I know the demo is 13K, but the new ones?
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 AM   #6
Suz

Registry
I just saw the price on Ken's link. It wasn't on their website, though. Seems to be inline with the Scamp and Casita. I like the fact that it's a little wider. Now if I can just find out the interior height.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:53 AM   #7

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
I just saw the price on Ken's link. It wasn't on their website, though. Seems to be inline with the Scamp and Casita. I like the fact that it's a little wider. Now if I can just find out the interior height.
6'7" interior height as I recall!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
I sure like a big picture window in the front or back, or both , and this one is missing that, but otherwise looks very nice.
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #9

Suz, and others, I read that the new ones sell for from $11,000 bare bones to $17,000 fully loaded. That is the best I can do.

They seem to have tapped into our forum for all the good ideas I see in the Egg. I for one really like it!

That big picture window on the side dinette model would be an asset. We like to roll early each morning and pull in where we have a view to make breakfast.

For convenience I stitched these pictures together.
Attached Thumbnails
Egg_Camper_Stats.JPG  
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #10
Suz

Registry
Quote:
6'7" interior height as I recall!

Roger
WOW! Thanks, Roger. I just may have to go check that out.

I really wouldn't miss the front window. I don't have one now and I really like the privacy when I am backed into a space. Since it is taller and wider, it may not seem as closed in as one would imagine. I kinda would like a back window, but this thing is growing on me, so I might learn to live without it. Sure wish I lived closer so I could see one in person. Eight inches wider than many of our trailers with increased height, seem like a pretty good increase without being too big.

I wonder where the spare is?

Hummm ... I don't see why you couldn't add two small windows on the back ...
Old 04-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
Suz

Registry
The tanks would probably be a little too small for some people, but they'd be fine for me.

BLACK – 8 GALLONS

GREY – 24 GALLONS

FRESH –14 GALLONS
Old 04-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #12

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
They got the seam right way around! Now if they'd just put windows front and back...
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #13

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 13 ft / 2005 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Scallan
Talking

Quote:
We came across this new trailer and were very impressed. How do you folks like it?

http://www.roamingtimes.com:80/consu.../eggcamper.asp
At the web site www.eggcampers.com, there are pics....one shows the toilet with what appears to be NO DOOR! NO,NO,NO....not for me., but the trailer looks very cool otherwise.
Robert Scallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
A man down the road from me just bought one. He was happy to show it, ( they have the same incentive as scamp, $250.00 for buyer referrals) I thought it was very nice.
I'm 6' and easily had 6 or 7 inches above my head. The toung looked longer and the spare tire is mounted up front.
EricMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #15
Suz

Registry
Quote:
A man down the road from me just bought one. He was happy to show it, ( they have the same incentive as scamp, $250.00 for buyer referrals) I thought it was very nice.
I'm 6' and easily had 6 or 7 inches above my head. The toung looked longer and the spare tire is mounted up front.
Thanks, Eric. That is great information. I relocated my spare to the front and I really like it there. . Were the propane tanks there also?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #16

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Trouble is with a longer tongue, and being as how these trailers are measured from tongue to rear bumper it would appear you get less living space, No???
Old 04-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #17

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
We actually stopped in saturday while driving around. This place is 15 minutes from our house. It was after hours and they were locked up but they do look very nice. If anyone needs info or pics we can try to swing by again.
Hi Kevin,
Are you guys right off of a main road and also own a larger Trailer? I may have met you about 4 or 5 years ago. I own a 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe in Howell, MI with my wife and 12 year old son. Let me know. I was just in Grand Haven & Springlake about a week ago. I just lost out on winnng on Ebay a "Porta-Bote" 10 foot foldable boat in Springlake, MI. Have a nice day!
Dave
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #18

We ran a thread some time ago asking everyone what the perfect trailer would look like for you. I wonder how this Egg Camper shapes up compared to that survey? I remember most wanted a bathroom with a door. Other than that they seemed to be all over the board. In the picture of the Egg it appears to have no bathroom door so I suppose the shower curtain is to serve as a privacy divider.
Attached Thumbnails
Egg_Camper_3.jpg  
Old 04-27-2007, 06:23 AM   #19

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
The spare tire is mounted close to the body with the propane tanks further out on the tongue. Might be a little inconvenient removing the spare but flat tires are not fun in any curcumstance. And yes there is no bathroom door, just a accordian style shower curtain.
EricMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:47 AM   #20
Suz

Registry
After talking to Jim at Egg Camper, they still install the glass shower door if one wants it. One of the reasons they use a curtain is because it tucks out of the way and increases the visual space. I believe he said the (bathroom) doorway is about 30" wide so I'm now glad it doesn't have a door. This would be a large piece of wood. When I asked if I could add a door at some point, he said that it was structurally able to handle one, so yes. At first I gasped when he said 30", but it makes sense. The Casita front bathroom door is about 22" (on mine) so a trailer that is 8" wider ... well, that comes to 30".