A recent thread got me thinking... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #21

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Raz,

We're Kiptopeke people as well and usually stop there though I agree their prices are high. Frequently we stop at Lums State Park in Deleware before moving onto Kiptopeke.

We know have a lifetime senior pass for Maryland State Parks that entitles us to half price camping. Over the years we've stopped in most DE and MD state parks on the Delmarva Peninsula, I think an under appreciated area.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #22
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Raz,

We're Kiptopeke people as well and usually stop there though I agree their prices are high. Frequently we stop at Lums State Park in Deleware before moving onto Kiptopeke.

We know have a lifetime senior pass for Maryland State Parks that entitles us to half price camping. Over the years we've stopped in most DE and MD state parks on the Delmarva Peninsula, I think an under appreciated area.
Lums is our half way point to the Outer Banks. We make the trip at least once a year. We ran into Jack and his wife there this past fall. From Lums we head south with a stop at Tammy and Johnny's in Melfa, VA. for lunch and make Oregon inlet in the Outerbanks by late afternoon.

Now, what was this thread about...... the moderator will fix it
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #23

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I think it was an invitation to free association and the juxtapostion of the unexpected (the root of comedy). Lums is or was a feeder reservoir for the C&D Canal. Killian's Pond is really small but the kayackers like it and the worst water park in the world is nearby. Trap is probably the most spectacular if you associate that word with DE. All three are the core attraction for state parks. You can only stuff so much STUFF in DE and the shore is the real attraction.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #24

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
How right you are. I still try to keep my life simple. No television, no digital camera, no smart phone, no i-phone (whatever that is), no My Face, Twit Face, or Space Book, two cars more than 40 years old that I can still work on. Remember when you could change a transmission in a few hours or an engine in your car through a slow week-end?
I do have, however, a computer or I wouldn't be here.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Technology has increased everyone's knowledge and connection to the human race. I remember as a kid, I lived in Alabama and my only living grandparents lived in Oregon. I only saw them in person every 4-5 years and each time it was like meeting strangers. Long distance calls were almost unheard of and we only received a letter from my grandparents about once every month or two. Pictures were "snap shots" taken at Christmas time.

Fast forward fifty years and my own granddaughter will always know me through technology like Skype video and "letters" her Mom can read to her on a daily (or hourly!) basis and it won't matter where in the world my granddaughter is residing.

So yeah, a person can either be a hermit or an ostrich or stay connected with the family who love you and friends, like us on FiberglassRV who share experiences. If staying current doesn't appeal to you, dig out an old World Book Encyclopedia and read about the past... just remember, the past was also 30 seconds ago...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #26

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
How do you cook those cypress knees? Seems like it'd take a long time to get tender.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #27

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I mispake as I am informed that the futhest nawth Baldcypress stand is at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. I think it is a garden type "install" however rather than a natural feature. All the 3-way wrist radio stuff like Skype is fine. I have no desire to tag hash, tweet, faceplant, or like. I go back to the Kellog wall phone with the big red magneto inside and two longs one short got you the relatives and maybe Velma across the street who was listening in anyway. I learned to type on a bloody Underwood; quertyuiope is still my "interface" of choice. I'm not all thumbs and I like to limit the parties to which I drop a line.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote