A small question - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #43
Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Just a note. Berkey does have a couple of independent testing from the USA. I wont go into it but you can find them on the web site.
But let me say if one is looking for good clean drinking water at the cheapest cost I would look into the Berkey. If your happy with what you use now so be it. We didn't like the smell of our water (city water) or the taste. Being a cheap (you know what) I came up with Berkey for us. If you have a couple of mins, this guy does a pretty good job going over the reviews and comparison. I didn't know that distilled water was bad for you. We all drink lots of water everyday or should. Why not drink something that is good for you. Please check out this vid if you would like more info of filters on the market. Enjoy!
Shocking Water Filter Review & Comparison: Berkey, Doulton, Reverse Osmosis, etc. - YouTube

ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #44
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Hmmmmm.... It must have something to do with the source of your local water.

Here in L.A., a number of double blind tests indicated that most peeps can't tell the difference between bottled water and tap water, with tap water frequently having the edge for taste..... Must be all that gold still below the surface of the Golden State (not to mention a shortage of sinkholes and swamps leaking into the aquifer).
But still, we are the #1 area for bottled/filtered water sales..... Go Figure.

But, when you filter water you leave the contaminants behind in the filter and I don't see any method of killing off that residue. You wouldn't use the same water glass for a year without cleaning it would you?????

But I am sure I would have appreciated a system like that when I was at the bottom of the Grand Canyon or hiking the Pacific Rim trail, but for RV'ing, there are simpler and less expensive solutions.

BTW: what's a Prepper, is that like a Preppie on steroids? LOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote