A Thought - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #29

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Norm, gotta ask. What is the number above you signature for?

Old 07-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #30

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
From David: "I too have a hard time believing in eternity."

I may believe in eternity (at least a long long long time), but not in a personal sense. The whole thought of it is interesting. I certainly respect those that believe.

One nice aspect of long range travel, no work, no repetitive family activity, no life routine, no 'day' or 'date' importance is the freedom to think, wonder and learn. This is a real road benefit. You have the chance to become more aware and more conscious.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #31

Alberta
Registry
I don't mean to be weird, but if the universe continues to expand at an accelerating rate, this expansion will eventually, (long long long time) start to produce relativistic consequences. Time, and space are likely to become undefined.

I have a long, and highly speculative, theory on the subject. I won't bore you with it. It tends to make more sense when alcohol is involved anyway. Oh, I am a riot around the camp fire.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #32

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
David, I've found there are many things that make better sense with alcohol - at least I thought they did at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #33

Alberta
Registry
From "The Way" By Fastball. A song which is apropos to this discussion:

They drank up the wine
And they got to talking
They now had more important things to say
Old 07-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #34

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Norm, gotta ask. What is the number above you signature for?
Zip code, I am guessing.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #35

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
An interesting talk by Ray Kurzwial.
https://youtu.be/f28LPwR8BdY

Sent from my Z987 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 07-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #36

Florida
A Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
An interesting talk by Ray Kurzwial.
https://youtu.be/f28LPwR8BdY

Sent from my Z987 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
I'm certainly a fan of Kurzwail. I watched the video and am watching the follow on video.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 07-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #37

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
My goal is enjoying life. We can't be angry and happy at the same time. I get up every morning grateful for everything and everyone in my life. I've learned to forgive others and to humble myself.
I enjoy using technology. I have various books on my kindle including a bible, use my iPad, and enjoy watching TV. Through Facebook I found several of my relatives and friends across the country that I hadn't talked to in 35 years.
I also know that happiness is a choice.
Marky
EXACTLY!
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:50 AM   #38

Name: Wendy
Minnesota
Norm says: "We were discussing a University study about Alzheimers where 9 of 10 people were cured by diet and life style change, nearly a miracle if you know the disease. Interestingly millions of people are taking prescription drugs that really do little in the battle against the disease."

That's news to me, but I believe it's true. Fortunately there is not yet a vested interest to "cure" Alzheimer's like there is with cancer. Like Alzheimer's, cancer can be prevented and often cured by diet and lifestyle changes, but the cancer industry makes so much money from bombarding cancer patients with "cutting, burning and poisoning" each victim that prevention research has all but been squelched. I was sick for years from eating the standard American diet and therefore was certain my depression, lethargy, anger, endless fog and self-pity were things over which I had no control (and doctors only encouraged that conclusion). Then I began, in desperation, to listen to my body. Now I eat very little and only those things that make me feel healthy, and I'm alive again. Being alive led me directly to wanting to be around less toxic people, places and things. In one month I walk away from all my possessions to live out my life in and via my Casita. Two weeks after that I will turn 69, which feels young now. Actually, it feels like NOW, now. I'm inspired by the story of the Buddhist monk who fell off a cliff, saw a flower growing through a crack in the sheer wall, and was delighted.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #39

Florida
Oops

Wendy,

There's a lot to eating properly. Of course we're not there but doing better.

As to the UCLA study and similar information on Alzheimers , we're interested because a family member has Alzheimers. This is not a medical recommendation, but Ginny started following suggestions of the UCLA Study.

As well, I may have written this somewhere else, but I am now fasting once a week and eating less on other days.

There are a lot of untold keys to a good life. Originally I wrote 'untold secrets', but they're not secrets, generally we don't know them and they are not taught.

Rving has provided the chance to step away and take a new look at our entire life.

It's funny for the last two days I've been writing about religion to a site member. Religion, nothing I think about anymore but I can see some, even significant benefits to those who feel 'guided'.

Every day there's much to consider, changes to make, new adventure, I love doing in our little Scamp. And thanks to the helping friends here.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 07-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #40

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Some might enjoy watching the "Forks Over Knives" video. It is available on NetFlix, Hulu+, some Best Buy stores, Amazon, and some local libraries.

The suggestion is that: if we watch what we put on our forks, we may never have to go "under the knife" and have cardiac bypass surgery.

It would be tough to do completely in today's society. At the very least, it seems like an interesting premise.

As always, YMMV.

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #41

Florida
Road Eating

With respect to Forks over Knives.

Of course everythings a choice, but it is easier for us to eat healthier on the road. As we travel about we try to focus on local fresh product of the area.

Some measure of eating is stress related. For us stress virtually disappears on the road. For me working required some measure of business eating. Gone now. Family gathering eating gone while we're on the road.

No oven means very low quantities of baked goods. Though we still eat out on occasion on the road, it's really rare for it to be a heavy, high caloric meal. More likely it's splitting a meal.

Every day we're outside walking and exploring, just a healthier life style.

I think the RV lifestyle is a little like summers as a child. You have breakfast and you're outside all day. Eating becomes secondary to playing. When we return to our trailer at night we generally have something light to eat and typically are in bed by 9 PM. And usually sleep well.

As a side story, yesterday at a birthday party a non-rver asked "What do your children think of you being gone all the time?".

I'm sure she expected us to suggest they missed us or were upset. Ginny immediately answered "They are jealous".

We meet a number of people, RVers included who don't travel extensively because they think their kids, grandkids would be upset. The reality for our kids and grandkids is that they wish they could do it as well. We're out there having fun like friends and lovers every day, how they hope to be at 73 as well.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 07-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #42

Name: Wendy
Minnesota
Ray --I own Forks over Knives and watch it periodically. I also subscribe to its recipes, in hopes some day I will prepare something with several ingredients! It plus about five other DVDs and blogs help me stay inspired. Thanks for mentioning it! It's an excellent tool for good health. Norm, thanks for reminding me about fasting. That's another way to keep one's mind clear, I would think. I'm looking forward to sampling fresh fruit and vegetables in each part of the country! Yum. My family isn't concerned about my taking up RVing other than that they are certain I'll fail. I love that! Great incentive.