Old 08-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #85

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post

Oh Yes ... the cat came back....
Oh good... I was just going to write and ask you this!

And BTW, I hope your birthday was a good one (even with concerns about fires and sheds burning and your ex, and for a while -- the cat)!

[image]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xYG-bEsfUB0/VJ7p2ZHehVI/AAAAAAAAAEs/tnMvPdlFBiw/s1600/birthday_frog.gif[/image]

(image option just will NOT open!)

LP

5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #86

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Happy Birthday Norm may you be blessed with thousands of trouble free miles in your Scamp!
Marky

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Old 08-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #87

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellpea in CA View Post

And BTW, I hope your birthday was a good one (even with concerns about fires and sheds burning and your ex, and for a while -- the cat)!

[image]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xYG-bEsfUB0/VJ7p2ZHehVI/AAAAAAAAAEs/tnMvPdlFBiw/s1600/birthday_frog.gif[/image]

(image option just will NOT open!<_<)

LP
Yep, when she called back she was more worried about the cat than getting stuff ready to evacuate.

All's Well, but it may be up to a week before power is restored to her area. A string of some 20 poles went down in the fire.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #88

California
Registry
Quote:
Yep, when she called back she was more worried about the cat than getting stuff ready to evacuate.

All's Well, but it may be up to a week before power is restored to her area. A string of some 20 poles went down in the fire.
Well, if you decide to tow your Hunter up instead of fly, we're right off the freeway about halfway along your journey ...
Old 08-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #89

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
A Thought

Happy Birthday Norm may you be blessed with thousands of trouble free miles in your Scamp!

Marky

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #90

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Marky...

We love trouble free miles but on the other hand we try to be prepared. In 15 years nothing too bad, mostly tires and mostly on the motorhome with a couple on the tow vehicle but never while towing.

We're having so much fun not much could deter us.

Thanks for the good wishes.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #91

California
That would be a nice visit Ellpea, but when I drive I go up the 395, it's a bit longer, but much more interesting!

Gas to Chelan = $225+ 2 days drive. (but, what's said to be the best BBQ in the country is at a restaurant in Big Pine or Lone Pine...)
Alaska Air = $118, leave Ontario at 6pm, in Wenatchee at 11:45 pm
Old 08-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #92

California
Registry
Happy birthday, Norm!

We hope you're having a great day (but somehow I suspect this is a job at which you're very good)!

Best,
Ellpea
Old 08-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #93

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Thanks for the update, Bob. You're so right - our lives can change dramatically in an instant. Your ex'es story is another reminded that if there's something you want to do in life to DO IT NOW! I read in this morning's paper that the fires in the Chelan area are growing. Good luck there and stay safe!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #94

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellpea in CA View Post

(image option just will NOT open!<_<)

LP
BTW: Yesterday was Norm's Birthday... I don't have those so as not remind me of any mandatory ageing attitudes... LOL
Old 08-17-2015, 01:52 PM   #95

Florida
Ginny is a huge on birthdays. I kind of enjoy her joy over them. Actually it's just a measure of time, an indication of achievement. I have no negative feelings about age other than being aware of it's passing.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-17-2015, 03:06 PM   #96

California
Registry
Quote:
BTW: Yesterday was Norm's Birthday... I don't have those so as not remind me of any mandatory ageing attitudes... LOL
Well, shoot. I thought it was a coincidence that you two had a birthday on the same day. Happy next one to you, whenever you decide to have one!

LP
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #97

Florida
Habit

Thanks Ellpea.

As some know I have a morning routine I've been doing for a year plus. I get up at 5:30 AM depending on the brightness of the morning sky. I do 6 different exercises, 25 reps each and one plank. I make the coffee and sit down to write for a minimum of 15 minutes but usually an hour plus.

I follow the breakfast with a 200 calorie breakfast, one egg, one piece of bacon and a piece of multi-grain bread. In Florida I follow it with a 2 mile friends walk.

I wake up without hesitancy, generally pleased to begin my day, stretching both my body and mind and satisfying my stomach. There's joy in the beginning to the day.

There are many ways to develop a beginning like this. Writing could be replaced by drawing. Trust me everyone can draw. Read drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and try the little exercises. You'll get a little smile on your face. All of us have a hidden self.

I know many of you are more competent. May have strong routines, may have more developed lives, however RVing provided a gateway to change for me.

Change can be an opportunity to reveal the rest of you.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #98

Florida
It's happened

We've sold our NH house. Something we should have done years ago. We're particularly happy because it's staying in the family, going to our favorite niece and her family.

Ginny and I could not be happier. Our lives have gone so well. Very often there's a measure of sadness when you sell a property you've owned for 30 years, the longest we've owned anything. Not so with us this time. There's now some reasonable probability of long term ownership. Her children have been coming here since they were born.

For us, and I know for some it's not real, but our life on the road and in our Scamp has been nothing but joyous. Of course we can be silly about it but there are some technical measurements as well that are independent of my sometimes foolishness.

We have these Jawbones we wear that count our 5,000 daily steps but more important they measure the quality of our sleep. Ginny's sleep while we were camping was better than every day before we left and since we've been home. There must be magic in the Scamp bed, serious maybe it's just the road lifestyle. I'm not sure what it is but so far the Jawbone tells the tale.

On the topic of deep sleep... Ginny does better than me no matter where we are though I do a little better in the trailer than I do at home. I've never given a lot of thought to improving the quality of sleep but since sleep is equal to about 25 to 33% of our entire time on earth, I was wondering if any one knows how to improve it's quality.

Safe travels and deep sleep (but not 6' down)

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16