Absolutely no way to treat a customer! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #21

Name: Rod
Trailer: 1984 Dolphin
Wisconsin
I was looking into a new park Liner fully loaded with all they offer so about two weeks ago I emailed them to ask about one, they got back to me within 48 hrs.
To me that seems a bit odd that they can find the time to get back to someone that never spent a dime with them but the ones that have money down and in the hands of them or the ones waiting for work to be done they can't seem to find the time to respond to them.
Well after hearing all this it is safe to say Park Liner will never have one sitting in my yard new or used.
Good luck to the ones waiting, I hope it works out for you.
Ace57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #22

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Is this something that could be grouped as a class action? (no idea how many have to be involved for this type of thing.)
Parkliners pockets are pretty shallow. Even if there was a solid case for a class action suit, it is pretty unlikely that being successful in such a suit could even recover your legal fees. You would simply drive Parkliner into bankruptcy.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #23

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-breaker View Post
<snip>.. You would simply drive Parkliner into bankruptcy.
And they may do that themselves with their actions (or lack thereof).
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Linda K's website mentions an "investor", maybe you can contact this person or entity for help. Just and idea, IDK myself, good luck.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #25

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Parkliner seems to small and underfunded to get the interest of a lawyer to take it on a contingency basis and legal costs would quickly exceed recovery.

If anyone is considering court action they should be in contact with whatever Parkliners state has for small claims actions.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Is this something that could be grouped as a class action? (no idea how many have to be involved for this type of thing.)
LOL Pam as others have said lawyers usually only take on class action cases if they are going after a company with deep pockets.

Also not sure you would ever get all the parties on this site only to get together to file such a case as it appears few are willing to even take the time to file an online BBB complaint in order to warn others of the situation.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #27

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Hopefully, ParkLiner is starting to turn the corner on their customer service issues. I received reimbursement today for the repair work I had done on our PL to correct the tire rubbing problem. Admittedly, it took a lot of persistence. I have used all avenues of communication, phone, email, certified mail, snail mail, and the contact form on the Parkliner site. I filed a BBB claim (I contacted them today to let them know the complaint had been resolved to my satisfaction). Above all, I remained firm but polite and something finally clicked. I hope you finally get satisfaction and that my experience is truly a turning point. We love our ParkLiner but want it to be safe and functional for years to come. Best of luck. I'm rooting for both sides.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #28

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Ace57

Everybody is your best friend when they want you to give them money.
Give them a deposit and C what happens.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #29

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Well today I received a generic email from ParkLiner in regards to the Battery needing to be vented and there solution of moving it to the tongue. I responded back, asking about the tongue weight with two optimum d34m's with 2 full propane tanks what an accurate tongue weight would be. They suggest coming down to have them install the battery holder on the tongue or possibly they might allow it to be done local to the customer if west of the mississippi. Its over a 1000 mile round trip, and a vacation day from my job. Im guessing its at least $300 in fuel plus tolls...I would prefer it to be done locally because honestly, Optimum recomended to me a D31m battery that has the spot to plug a tube into so it could be vented down through the floor... there a bit bigger but a 75ah battery and have seen them for $230'ish each. Tongue weight is kinda critical since my rav4 is limited to 350lbs .

So Im waiting for a response back.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #30

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Class action is for really large groups of people, way more than dozens or even hundreds. But multiple plaintiffs can clump together in one filing. I agree though that it's probably futile to try something like that with such a small company.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #31

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Well today I received a generic email from ParkLiner in regards to the Battery needing to be vented and there solution of moving it to the tongue. I responded back, asking about the tongue weight with two optimum d34m's with 2 full propane tanks what an accurate tongue weight would be. They suggest coming down to have them install the battery holder on the tongue or possibly they might allow it to be done local to the customer if west of the mississippi. Its over a 1000 mile round trip, and a vacation day from my job. Im guessing its at least $300 in fuel plus tolls...I would prefer it to be done locally because honestly, Optimum recomended to me a D31m battery that has the spot to plug a tube into so it could be vented down through the floor... there a bit bigger but a 75ah battery and have seen them for $230'ish each. Tongue weight is kinda critical since my rav4 is limited to 350lbs .

So Im waiting for a response back.
Deryk, i have to say 'responding' to a generic form letter with these guys seems like you are seeking frustration. They have never responded to you and yet your response asks about tongue weight? You never ask about reimbursement for expenses?

From what you are saying you could just about pay to get it done and be ahead of the game. Bill them for the cost. File in small claims and be done with it.

Or enjoy your frustration?
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #32

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
I have been, and remain patient (beyond typical for sure!) and there are Parkliner owners amoung us that have been witness to my _kind_ approach having yeilded satisfactory replies and results.

I continue to wish Chandler & Parkliner the best.

Earlier today i recieved notice from the local marine repair boat yard stating that all was confirmed as a green light from Chandler/Parkliner to have the wheel well repair completed. Our unit will go in for repair next month.

Now...for my order process...i didnt know ours was ready until a couple weeks before delivery date. With no communication for several weeks prior!

So yea, been in your shoes for sure.
Best wishes in your EggVenture.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #33

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Thom,
Thanks for the update. I sincerely hope that ParkLiner has begun a seachange in their approach to customer service . I hope your repair goes as well as mine and that this is the beginning of a new era.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #34

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
It's Sad

I really like the looks, layout, etc that the ParkLiner offers. It's just flat out sad that this company, from the start has had lousy communication with potential customers/owners all the way from the beginning. I can recall my husband and I wanting to take a drive down when we first heard about this new camper. We tried for a few weeks to get in touch with someone, anyone, to just answer the phone. All we wanted to do is just look at one. Never happened.
We decided to stop at Lil Snoozy, since they were also new. What a complete about face. We were treated like Gold at Snoozy. Given a tour, had various workers show whatever we wanted to see. I believe I've read where there have been a few problems with the Snoozy, but nothing like ParkLiner. Snoozy has even gone out and fixed problems that were not local and travelled to do so.
I like them both, and from everything I have heard and read, Chandler seems to be a really nice Southern gentleman.
Lastly, sorry for the long rant, I believe I've read where someone here ordered a ParkLiner one month and it's suppose to be delivered the next month. That tells me they are not getting very many orders or hopefully someone cancelled and that trailer became available.
I sincerely hope Chandler makes it. It's a great looking camper and really doesn't seem to need that much "fixed" to make it a Great camper.
Just my 2 cents.
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #35

New Jersey
Registry
Linda, I am very happy with my ParkLiner. I think what they did to Frank was underhanded and cost him a lot of money. Now I went down their, they did the upgrades and all in like 12 hours or so and I was heading home on a 1000 mile round trip.

I have zero tire rub and crawled under my ParkLiner today and was looking at the flexiaxle and it can be adjusted to raise the trailer quite a bit...so I don't see any issue for along time with it rubbing because the way they set it's angle. I might in the fall try to drop it down for a bit more clearance and raise it a bit off the ground for better clearance since I boondock and drive through some rough areas.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #36

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Check out the tread "parkliner wheel wells..." in the problem section. These two threads should be linked somehow.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #37

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
With maybe a couple dozen buyers so far and most of them happy....
How many does it take to constitute a "class"??
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 AM   #38

New Jersey
Registry
and again, I can only speak for myself, http://www.ucfamerica.com/FlexirideT...20Settings.pdf

Looking at the diagram, my arm sits slightly upwards, so I have a few adjustments in it that would raise the trailer slightly that would increase the wheel well clearance if need be ...I would like to see a pic of Franks. If his is set similar to mine and Chandler or Tom told him when he arrived and adjusted it and the space in the wheel well increased and said that is why we didn't enlarge the wheel well that would be fine....but swapping out to a smaller tire....well that was a pretty shitty thing to do.
Attached Thumbnails
FlexiRide3500Axle.jpg