Absolutely no way to treat a customer! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #1

Name: Tony
Trailer: currently shopping
Arizona
Absolutely no way to treat a customer!

After about 7 month's of placing an order for a Parkliner and with dozens of inquiries being completely ignored (email, phone calls and regular mail) I finally realized that I was being jacked around and wrote a letter to Parkliner to cancel my order and refund my deposit. Still after a month (Yup! You guessed it!) Absolutely no response.
Tony Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Tony I feel for you! Hope you get your money back! Your experience and those that others have posted regarding their dealings with Parkline is really in sharp contrast to the posts made by those who order from Escape for example. Not only are the Escape purchasers given a pretty good target del'v date but they get photos of their trailers sent to them as the trailer is being built..... Seems to be a really big contrast between two companies philosophy of customer service.

I appreciate that the Escape is a more expensive trailer and that's why the Parkliner is more appealing to many here but I for the fun of it the other day looked at the Parkliner order sheet and then added in the items that come stock on a base Escape (all of which I personally would want on the most basic of trailers I was to order ) and funny enough the price of the Parkliner jumped right up there into the same price range - even though Parkliner did not even offer on their option list some of the big ticket items that are stock on the base model of an Escape (an awning being one item I recall).

Now I know the actual pricing of the Parkline and the lack of communication and the known history of build issues it leaves me even more puzzled as to why anyone feels they need to put up with such poor customer service & buy from Parkliner.

Not bashing Parkliner folks just putting some thoughts out there from the bleachers as someone who is also considering a new trailer. Cant figure out what the heck am I missing....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Sorry to hear of yet another issue with Parkliner. And you are right, it's no way to treat anyone! Even if you were only purchasing a $20 item much less a several thousand dollar item that you have dreamed and planned for. I am sorry for your frustration.

Many of us have been rooting for them. But frankly after everything I have read I am beginning to question why? The frustration alone would turn me off!

Hope you get a resolution to your issue soon! And hope you get to experience glass ownership in the near future ...........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
I, for one, am usually more apt to pay more for something if it means I'll get a higher level of service, but that's just me.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how Scamp comes in as far as pricing goes? Ours is an old/vintage one and I've always been curious what a new one goes for these days.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post
I, for one, am usually more apt to pay more for something if it means I'll get a higher level of service, but that's just me.
For a hassle free and smooth transaction, complete with good follow up service, I think many of us feel the same.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #6

Name: Bill and Bronwyn
Trailer: awaiting new ParkLiner
Pennsylvania
We are having the very same experience. Actually a bit stranger even, The owner sent us an Email telling us "our Park liner would be ready to pick upOct. 25th at the very latest, maybe even earlier!" We asked for a final figure
for payment and prepared to make the 7 hour trip but guess what!? You guessed
it no response to multiple efforts on our part. He is totally in a class by himself
For poor customer service!
Willyb40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how Scamp comes in as far as pricing goes? Ours is an old/vintage one and I've always been curious what a new one goes for these days.
Unfortunately Scamp does not have their pricing on line as the other two brands I did the comparison on so you will need to call or email to get the pricing so you can put pen to paper and do a side by side comparison of the brands as to whats stock and whats optional and the costs. Just as it is with cars, some brands include items in their standard models that others do not, if you want all the bells and whistles the price can quickly climb.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #8

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Scamp Prices

I believe you can get an order/price sheet from the Scamp home page. But as I remember, they are taking a lesson from the airlines, everything is an option, even after 40 years of building the same equivalent of a DC-3.

At his point I think it would be foolish for anyone to put in a deposit for a new Parkliner until their business is sorted out and funded.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyb58 View Post
The owner sent us an Email telling us "our Park liner would be ready to pick upOct. 25th at the very latest, maybe even earlier!" We asked for a final figure
for payment and prepared to make the 7 hour trip but guess what!? You guessed
it no response to multiple efforts on our part. He is totally in a class by himself
For poor customer service!
hummm its Oct 29th? Is it safe to assume you dont have your trailer yet?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks Tony Rubi and Willyb58 for sharing your info.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #11

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Tony, I can feel your pain about them returning calls/emails. I spent months trying to get in contact with them in regards to the vented battery issue, as well as the tire rub. Right now Im not experiencing the rub problems like some with the 2nd axle they went with...but, when my axle starts to sag a little I will be in the same boat in a few years looking at a replacement vs 12-15 years down the road..

I ended up fileing with the North Carolina Better Business Bureau, as well as North Carolina Consumer Protection group...If enough people file against them they will need to do something.

With those 2 issues aside I am happy with my ParkLiner...it is well constructed and I hear they are getting alot of orders so if they are so busy hire some people to return calls. I posted a few things on their FaceBook page which got deleted then I got a private message from Cameron..I responded, a week later still no message back. Its sad because I saw them haveing alot of potential but now I really wonder.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #12

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
The answer is the Good Sam resolution hotline where they contact the company and print your problem and the company response in their magazine.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:

Scamp is probably the lowest priced of the molded fiberglass trailers. Their base price is for a very basic unit. Then add options to get what you think you will use. I bought mine in late 2005. Basic cost was under 8K, by the time I got through it was 10,500 including 1500 for delivery. Somebody on here pointed out they had gotten a quote for one that included bath and AC for about 13000. Give them a call and get price sheets and build your own trailer to suit you. If there's something you think you might like that's not on the price sheet call and ask.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #14

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I have a Scamp price sheet, but it's from late 2010.... I'm sure stuff has gone up since.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #15

Name: Bill and Bronwyn
Trailer: awaiting new ParkLiner
Pennsylvania
What will you provide if this goes to court , as we well may be going the same
route ? There is, conveniently for Palethorpe no contract or any signed paper connecting us.
We have what few emails he's sent and there is our lengthy phone record.
Thanks for responding,
Bill
Willyb40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
The answer is the Good Sam resolution hotline where they contact the company and print your problem and the company response in their magazine.
That is a good idea as well as Deryk's that it be reported to the BBB.The BBB does have a searchable data base that anyone can look up a company name and see complaints filed and if there are any resolutions to the issue reached. Its a BIG consumer tool that a lot of people use for complaint resolution as well as those who do a search on a company before buying from them to be sure they have a good rep before putting down any money.

Despite all the issues and complaints people have made here over the last few months there is only one formal complaint filed with the BBB. I just looked! That not only does nothing to resolve what ever complaints that other people may have outstanding with them but it also pretty well leaves those who may be thinking of buying from them totally unaware that there is a *serious* problem in regards to customer service. Most companies will do anything they can to resolve such issues fast & have what they did recorded on the BBB data base - regardless as to whether they are a member of the BBB or not .... that is the ones that actually care that people think about them.

But if no one takes the time to file a complaint with the BBB .... then people will continue to have bad experiences such as the three on this thread or at least until the company goes under due to the word of mouth bad rep they have acquired catches up with them.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyb58 View Post
What will you provide if this goes to court , as we well may be going the same
route ? There is, conveniently for Palethorpe no contract or any signed paper connecting us.
We have what few emails he's sent and there is our lengthy phone record.
Thanks for responding,
Bill
You also have the cashed cheque from your deposit. No?
Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #18

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Is this something that could be grouped as a class action? (no idea how many have to be involved for this type of thing.)
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #19

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Pam, It is my understanding or misconception that the only one that gets money out of a class action is the lawyer.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #20

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Scamp ... in late 2005. Basic cost was under 8K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I have a Scamp price sheet, but it's from late 2010.... I'm sure stuff has gone up since.
I'm wondering how much the base price changed from 2005 to 2010 or even current for that matter.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote