Accessories - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 82 14 ft Surfside Triple E
Registry
How about pics and leads to fun and unique accessories? Show us what you have and what you've seen out there.
Catherine H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #2

Registry
Vintage clothes washer on eBay. It looks like a big crockpot. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-EAS...QrdZ1QQtcZphoto
Old 09-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
Seems to me that the old 5 gallon bucket of water with some laundry soap and dirty clothes in it, bouncing down the road in your trailer or TV, to wash them, would be cheaper than this !! Old boondocking tip.
If you still have to wring them out, and rinse them, why bother with it. That is the hard part !!
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #4

Registry
This particular machine would rinse them and then spin enough to almost dry them. But I do like the idea of the bucket of soapy water sloshing around the clothes. Using the energy of all that bouncing and using it. Very green thinking, Penny!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:26 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984
This looks like an advertisement. to me. I use a large heavy duty plastic bag. Add clothes, soap, and slosh around. Empty soapy water and add fresh water to rinse. Doesn't cost $450.00 but still manages to get things clean.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
I've used the 5 Gal bucket washing machine for a few years now even before we got the Casita. I got the bucket with lid from Home Depot, add clothes, max about 2 pair of jeans or equifilant, add hot/warm water to about 3/4th full, add small amount of laundry soap. Close lid and shake. We'd put it in the back of the Jeep when we would go out exploring.

Now I put it in the Casita, fit's perfect under the Swivel seat, and I bungee it to the leg of the chair. I did most of our laundry this way, on our "Travel" days when we went across country to Yellowstone. Only used a laundry mat once.

Bouncing around in an empty bucket doesn't dry them though, so I always had to make sure we were going to have a clothes line when we stopped for the night. And then hope it didn't rain.

Tom
Tom & Keith is offline   Reply With Quote