Sooooo....we decided to go to the fair yesterday since it was the last day. It has been raining in the DFW area for nearly 3 weeks straight and finally the rain stopped and our schedules opened up....
We were going to eat our way over to the automobile building (eating belgian waffles and corny dogs). We wanted to look at the cars because I am in need of a new car - not a tow vehicle just an around town car for me (mine is 10 years old now).
Our first stop was Ford. Okay, no problem. Then we saw it - no, not a car, but an incredible truck:
It's called a Ford Platinum Truck. 5.3 L engine, 4 doors and beautiful. I'll try to list just the things I can remember about it. Fabulous vehicle. I asked if it would tow my camper and was told - probably both of them at once! Great.
1. It has a lighter weight
tailgate for us ladies and older folks to operate more easily.
2. A pull down extra step on the tailgate to step up into the bed along with a handle to hold onto to. Great feature.
3. All seats - front and back, are both a/c'd in summer and heated in winter.
4. A back-up camera with onboard dash viewing screen
5. GPS system of course that you talk to....your driving along and you say, gas station...you get the nearest one, price, etc. or "movie theatre"
and it tells you whats on and the times. You get the idea. You talk to it, it talks to you.
6. Are ya ready? The brake controller for what you are towing is built into the dash!!! No box added on under your kneecap. Way cool!
7. CD player, MP2 port and USB port. You can load your tunes onto one of the little USB sticks and plug in. Seriously cool.
8. Cell phone is hooked up and you talk to your dash board when you are on the phone with someone. Also can send and receive text
messages....the voice reads the texts to you and when you want to dictate a text....you do and it gets sent as a text message to the person.
9. Garage door opener has a button to turn on your home lights
as well as open the garage. Love it!
10. Running board deploys when you open the door and disappears when you close it. Like that too!
Whew! There is so much more to this vehicle I can't even tell ya but it's late and I'm whipped. So...this is how we found our dream tow vehicle...price? In the 50K range. Yep...yikes. How to get? Hubby and I both loved it but price??? So on the way home, we talked about a garage sale...nope won't cut it....selling one of the campers? Not happening ... sell our bodies to science? Looked at each other and said "nay, they wouldn't want em."
I guess the dream will have to stay just that for now. Oh yea, when I was a kid I used to look for coke bottles and go sell them for 2 cents each. I wonder how many it would take?
Hubby asked where I was going to find that many GLASS coke bottles.