Advice on fiberglass RV ? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Trailer Brand
Sez they own a Airstream.
I saw that Bob in his profile. I just want newbes and lookers to realize what happens in an Airstream may not apply to a fiberglass trailer. When I read the info, the "couch" threw me until I noticed the brand.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #22

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I wouldn't dream of traveling without my boys. The number one consideration would be A/C. Leaving any animal in a closed up vehicle in the heat isn't a good idea. Other than that they do just fine.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #23

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1973 Love Bug '13
Florida
Registry
I camp with my big guy as well. Aside from the things already mentioned - especially the temperature considerations for a dog, I would like to put in a plug for courtesy. Most dog people are respectful of others, but do remember to bring and use your poop bags and if they are yappy critters, figure out a way to keep them quiet while others may be trying to sleep.

Cathy
Cat futrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #24

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Towable with a minivan. Our Chrysler minivan has a 3500# tow capacity.Our Egg Camper has a GVWR of 2500# so, if it's not loaded above that figure it fits the 3500# max. We've towed our trailer with the Chrysler and it does a good job. We don't tow with that anymore because our Chevy Silverado seats are much more comfortable. We use a queen bed at home but the double in the Egg Camper has not caused any issues. The end of the bed by the dinette could be made wider.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #25
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I saw that Bob in his profile. I just want newbes and lookers to realize what happens in an Airstream may not apply to a fiberglass trailer. When I read the info, the "couch" threw me until I noticed the brand.
Yes, a 23' vintage Airstream. No doubt a king bed in an egg may be a stretch but the idea of my post was to inspire creative thinking when it comes to mods and upgrades. Heck, I once had the idea of building a slide on our Airstream. Then I realized that I didn't have the year it would take to design, engineer, and construct the project.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchiaia View Post
Hi All:

I have another question unrelated to fiberglass campers. We are planning on traveling (at least the initial few years) with 2 small dogs. Probably for starters for only 3-4 weeks stretches at the most. I am wondering how constraining having pets along will be in terms of places to stay e.g campgrounds, state/national parks etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Nick & Margie
My biggest issue is with keeping the dog(s) at a safe temperature, as opposed to any restrictions imposed from the outside. Recently, we used a crate and a 10x10 canopy to leave the dog outside while we did activities where the dog could not accompany us. Our dog is not a barker.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Our dog is not a barker.
My kind of dog TG. The only thing worse than a barking dog is loud, noisy kids....LOL

PS...oh and one other thing. Kids tossing a baseball 5' from my car/trailer.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
My kind of dog TG. The only thing worse than a barking dog is loud, noisy kids....LOL

PS...oh and one other thing. Kids tossing a baseball 5' from my car/trailer.
+1. Only thing worse for me is loose dogs - which seems common in Michigan's upper peninsula campgrounds. I like to stroll the campground and check out rigs. Don't need to be greeted by a loose, aggressive pooch.