Advice on traveling to Utah - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #41

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Another caution

I understand there are numerous caves along I-15 in Utah, near and not so near to the interstate. Be very careful if you decide to explore. There is a story of a young man who got himself wedged into a tight spot in a cave, and as far as I know his remains are still there.

Utah Caves

Man Trapped in Utah Cave Had Limited Time, Doctors Say - ABC News

I don't know the snake situation in Utah, but if it is anything like eastern Washington, be aware. Don't be scared, just take some precautions.

Don't Tread on Me! (Rattlesnakes) - About Wild About Utah - A Production of Utah Public Radio/KUSU/KUSR, Stokes Nature Center and Bridgerland Audubon Society

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #42

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool The BC route

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bc View Post
Hi Carol,
Option 2: Via Creston/Sandpoint Idaho then follow 95 and pick up 20 at Boise.

I like the idea of traveling to Creston then into Idaho. We stayed once at a really nice and unassuming place in Creston called Scotty's. It was truly peaceful and shady. AND right across the street from Kokanee Brewing. :-)
Have you ever taken this route pulling a trailer?

On Crowsnest Highway 3, there are two 5000 ft (1500 meter) passes between Christina Lake and Creston, Paulson and Kooteney. Going up Kootenay, we made all of 30 mph (50 kph).
We didn't see much going up Paulson, because we were in cloud. There also has been a lot of rain in that area. You may want to check road conditions.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #43

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Have you ever taken this route pulling a trailer?
Yes, we have. I was pulling with a Ford F150 302ci at the time with no problems at all. The secret is to stay within your limitations. If 50kph is all you can do then sit back and pour a coffee and enjoy the scenery. Seriously I stayed in 2nd gear on the way up so the transmission wouldn't be hunting all the time and extended courtesy to whomever wanted to pass.

Once again Scotty's campground in Creston was fantastic. It's barely noticeable from the road though. On our visit a pile of vintage cars and hot rods w/matching Bolers stayed the night. Bonus!!
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote