Age of fiberglass trailer owners? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Age group of the person responsable for the maint. and upkeep of your egg
20-30 12 5.08%
30-40 28 11.86%
40-50 37 15.68%
50-60 55 23.31%
60-70 77 32.63%
70 and up 27 11.44%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #101

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
I had visions of the 5th Dimension singing:
"This is the Dawning of the Age of the Fiberglass,
Age of the Fiberglass
The Fiberglass....

"Then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars"... Nice analogy. Hard to believe many of us were once long-haired hippies (or wanna-be's).

Regarding the ages of fiberglass trailer owners, I am in my 60s and my husband in his early 70s. He says age is just a calendar number. We plan to use ours--with the addition of a chemical toilet to avoid creeping about in the wee hours--until we can no longer hitch it up.
Bonnie n Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #102

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I am 47, (as of July). My wife is 42.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #103

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Glad to see there are folks my age and younger, but a little disappointed they are mostly couples or other single men. Where are the 30 something to 40 something single ladies?

On average, mature single women are not seemingly turned on by a guy my age living in a little camper. Thankfully some eccentric ones find it interesting. And I prefer eccentric women.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #104

Name: Neil
Trailer: Boler
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear
Glad to see there are folks my age and younger, but a little disappointed they are mostly couples or other single men. Where are the 30 something to 40 something single ladies?

On average, mature single women are not seemingly turned on by a guy my age living in a little camper. Thankfully some eccentric ones find it interesting. And I prefer eccentric women.
Single women? Uh oh... Must... resist... inappropriate... fertilized... egg... joke...
nlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #105

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
70% owners are aged greater than 50- implies ability to accumulate wealth in order to have an egg- in other words you need a nest egg to have an egg!!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #106
JCZ

Name: JC
Trailer: My Pod by Little Guy
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post

Wrong web site......I think you're looking for trailerchix.com
JCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #107

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
70% owners are aged greater than 50- implies ability to accumulate wealth in order to have an egg- in other words you need a nest egg to have an egg!!!
Hi: cpaharley2008... After the nest is empty...and all the chix have flown it's "The dawning of the age of acquirest".
At the finish line the guy with the most toys wins!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #108
JCZ

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008... After the nest is empty...and all the chix have flown it's "The dawning of the age of acquirest".
At the finish line the guy with the most toys wins!!!

Ah man.....you say this just after I sold my boat, my F-350 dually, both Harleys and the bike trailer.....downsizing to get that Escape 5.0 and gettin ready to full time after retirement......and now you tell me I'm goin in the wrong direction Alf? And all this time I thought the fiberglass trailer mantra was "less is more".
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #109

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
.....At the finish line the guy with the most toys wins!!!
I would posit that he who wears out the most toys by the finish line wins. And from the look of my garage I'm certainly a contender.

Lord have mercy there really is a http://trailerchix.com/ and for a wonder it looks like a reputable site.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #110
JCZ

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
I would posit that he who wears out the most toys by the finish line wins. And from the look of my garage I'm certainly a contender.

Lord have mercy there really is a http://trailerchix.com/ and for a wonder it looks like a reputable site.
Being the newbie to this fiberglass trailer thing, I just kind of assumed everybody else already knew about trailerchix.com They have some interesting articles on that web site, also. No pictures, so I really did read the articles.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #111

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
I am old enough to remember the original musical "Hair" and the "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius", young enough to have owned the LP and enjoyed it, and enough said...
Sherry
Yikes, old enough to have had a collection of LPs. Ouch. Anyone else remember "hifi" before "wifi"?
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #112
JCZ

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryNPaul View Post
I am old enough to remember the original musical "Hair" and the "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius", young enough to have owned the LP and enjoyed it, and enough said...
Sherry
Yikes, old enough to have had a collection of LPs. Ouch. Anyone else remember "hifi" before "wifi"?

My wife tells everybody that when she met me I was still in to 8 tracks. I thought it was probably a good idea that I not mention the 4 tracks before the 8 tracks.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #113

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ View Post
My wife tells everybody that when she met me I was still in to 8 tracks. I thought it was probably a good idea that I not mention the 4 tracks before the 8 tracks.
Gave away all the "tracks" when the players broke. The turntable lives!
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #114

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I'm old enough that I had the 78 rpm records and a wind-up record player. Then I went up scale and got a 45 rpm player that connected to a radio so I could listen. Then along came all the later stuff but no ipod.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #115

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Sherry
My first "stero" had tubes, now I'm recording my old albums into the computer and burning them to CD. My how times change... but not sitting around the campfire that is still pretty much the same. Well ok I need a chair now or I'll be too sore to stand up at the end of the night but mostly the same.

Just FYI there is a really good inexpensive software for album and cassete to CD conversion. It's called "Spin it Again". Does a great job of splitting the tracks and cleaning up the scratches and pops without trashing the music. With an internet connection it can even look up the tracks and label them by entering the artist and album name. Very easy to use.

I bought a turntable, plugged it in and was able to take all my parents old Christmas records and make CD's for us kids. Now I'm on to my "hippy junk" that my parents hated
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #116

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Sherry
OK I have been Selling the stuff since the 70's and I am no young whippersnapper unless I am in a group of you guys!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #117

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ View Post
Wrong web site......I think you're looking for trailerchix.com
Holy cow! I was afraid to look, but that is a great web site and it gives me hope I may meet some industrious, adventurous, lovely lady who's into trailers.

Looks like there's good stuff on there for any trailer owner, regardless of gender.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #118

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
my first transistor radio weighed about 9 lbs and used a 9v lantern battery, course cars then had their hi-beam switch on the floor and you had to wait for the engine heat to defrost your washer bag before you could use your other foot to operate the pump.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #119

Name: Jillian
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
My Scamp, my hubby and I are all 28 years old though I'm often told I have an "old soul".
JT from the MItten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #120

Name: Stan
Trailer: Shopping
South Carolina
I'm 36 and my wife is 30. We have a 3 y/o daughter and 22 month old son. We are very new to this lifestyle and love it.
Scubastan48 is offline   Reply With Quote