Airbnb - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #1

Trailer: Tote N Tarry
Airbnb

I have an airbnb rental myself, and was wondering if these guys are still around, or if these are some of the trailers that were stolen?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/591103
Filbert V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yes they are still around and yes they are who the trailers were stolen from in LA.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:00 AM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Wasn't it "Happier Camper" that had the trailers stolen? I spoke to the owner at the Palm Springs Vintage Trailer Show last month and he indicated that they still hadn't been recovered.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-la-55347.html

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #4

Registry
Yes it was "Happier Camper" who had the trailers stolen and the profile of the owner of the Airbnb website account Filbert link to is also the owner of "Happy Camper".
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I didn't make the connection until I saw that both were in the same area of L.A. I thought that airbnb was the renting company.....

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
I didn't make the connection until I saw that both were in the same area of L.A. I thought that airbnb was the renting company.....
Nope Airbnd its just a rental website where people can post their private rentals.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #7

A lot of people in 192 countries advertise their "vacation homes" www.airbnb.com. Quite a few rent out their RVs and motorhomes, whether they move or not. Some are fancy Airstreams, and some are small vintage trailers. My friends have told me more than once that I should rent out my Tote n Tarry sitting in my carport, but the lack of a bathroom makes it rather unattractive. I never thought about renting it out for photo shoots or movies though!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
About half of happier camper rentals are for photo shoots of some kind I guess they are just so photogenic.last year he rented the blue boler for a Carl's jr commercial it had about a 5second appearance in the commercial which they paid for rental and pickup and dilevery .the trailer also was used to store all the food for the crew when he went to pick it up the trailer was chock ful of so much food .They told us to take the trailer with everything in it . We had food that lasted us six months bonus!
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #9

Wow, I never thought of finding a talent agency for my trailer, but it would be nice for it to make some money instead of it just collecting dust and cobwebs! And if no one is cooking or sleeping in it, then that's an added bonus.