Airstream leads, others will follow - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #43

Name: OnTheRoadAgain
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
CivilGuy.

>> I don't know that I can see manufacturers giving up making the toy haulers and large units that sell so successfully on one hand...

...and then just as dependably require replacement in a few years as they leak and molder away.

It would be like giving up printing money. The old saying is that what gets rewarded gets repeated. Ultimately, I think too many rewards are being passed out to the key decision makers to expect any substantial change. As long as they are being rewarded, I don't see them changing what doesn't appear to be broken from their perspective. <<

Excellent post and conclusion!

What is interesting is the people buying the inferior designed and made Indiana class are starting class actions suits, PR campaigns, and also turning in the big boys to be fined by the Federal Government. We are seeing far more recalls triggered as a result.

The Airstream people who run into quality problems showing up right after purchasing are the leaders in this since they pay so much more for their RVs. At the inflated prices they expect 0 problems. Since Airstream has been taken over consumers aren't getting what they expect anymore.

How much are the big boys willing to pay in fines vs. the money they scrape up with inflated profits? They do careful math on this to be sure.

recalls on RV
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=recalls+on+rv&t=h_&ia=web

recalls on Airstreams
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=recalls+on...ms&t=h_&ia=web

| 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II | 2016 Toyota Tundra |
Oliver_Elite2 is offline   Reply With Quote