Alaska Bound - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #41

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Mud Flaps

I also have extended my mud flaps. I think this is a real positive and I would do it on all wheels.

We as well do not carry a mirowave. The space is more valuable than the ability to heat left overs or boil water for tea. We pretty exclusively use our stove or the slow cooker.

If you decide to put vinyl film over the front of your RV please let us know the results. I did notice that a lot of motorhomes put clear vinyl tape, over their headlights and over the lower third or so of their front windows.

We do have a closet AC unit and have only used it for a couple of hours in FL. I suspect it would never be used in Alaska. If you have longterm Generator needs buying a Honda is probably a good investment.

We spent $130 and bought a 1000 watt generator from Harbor Freight for our trip to Labrador. It is still running four years later used by friends for New England power emergencies. Our closet AC draws less than 5 amps.

For lighting and running the water pump the solar panels seem fine. Remember there's a lot more hours of sun shine in Alaska than FL or any where in the lower 48.

As well Solar panels are a lot more fun to carry than a generator and generator gasoline, quieter, always working. As well the ability to charge your battery (s) while driving from solar panels and/or your tow vehicle is valuable.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote