All Electric Tow Vehicle? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #1

Trailer: Summit Weekend Refuge
Have a look: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/enviro...ctric-car_N.htm

Reason I'm posting this is NOT because I think this is a cool car. (Got 98 thou' for a toy?), but because the article in the link claims this all electric car gets 221 miles per charge!

Now maybe it won't be long before we are humming along pulling our little rigs in (well, almost) total silence! What a thought. Could actually listen to the radio or cd player for a change!

Art
Art Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
Visually impaired people in Tucson have been complaining that hybrid cars are too quiet, and thus dangerous to them when crossing streets. Look for Federal laws requiring them to make more noise!
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
We have been watching the Tesla developments with much interest in our office. The company plan is to develop the sports car version for the elite and then use the income to develop a standard sedan for the rest of us.

Here's my favorite youtube vid:
Video of the Tesla Roadster testing on ice!
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote from article: "The $98,000 Tesla is the first production high-performance electric car."

This is not exactly true. Back in 1974 I designed athe speedometer/odometer/energy depletion measurement system for an electric car to be produced in Dallas, TX. This was also a "high performance electric car" that failed to go into production because its introductory price was $125,000. Range was >200 miles depending on how fast it was driven, used regular lead-acid batteries, and seated four. I guess another reason it didn't make it to the market place in Texas was it didn't have an A/C.

The one unique design feature was you could completely change out its battery/controller/drive train in less than 15 minutes. It also had a life-time warranty on this component.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote