All-electric Trailer Owners - Happy? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2016, 04:53 AM   #61

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTrillium View Post
It's simply a convenient thing for us. We love our three-way fridge in the event we do not get a power site - and, if we are unlucky enough to get a no power site in the fall our portable propane heater is WONderful. I love electric sites and would opt for them if I could - we are prepared if we can't get one.

I'm 180* from your camping, I boondock but I'm glad to have the option of power once in a while .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:44 AM   #62

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Amazing, this post is almost 5 years old
Dave & Paula
That just proves the usefulness of the "Search" function. People with a current interest can pick up on and learn from former related discussions without having to start it all over again from scratch (the latter of which seems to really annoy some people! ).
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #63

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Eggcamper
Kansas
I understand this is an old post, but I still feel the need to express my opinion

We love our all-electric Eggcamper. Most of our camping is at places that have electricity. But we also boondock for 5-7 days at a time. Our inverter generator that runs on propane allows us to do this in comfort. It's quiet, powerful and no stinky gas required. With it we can use anything in the camper that is a power hog, such as the microwave and A/C. It is also used to charge our two 6V batteries which run the fridge, lights, etc. for up to 3 days without a recharge.
Ruban&Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #64

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruban&Martha View Post
I understand this is an old post, but I still feel the need to express my opinion

We love our all-electric Eggcamper. Most of our camping is at places that have electricity. But we also boondock for 5-7 days at a time. Our inverter generator that runs on propane allows us to do this in comfort. It's quiet, powerful and no stinky gas required. With it we can use anything in the camper that is a power hog, such as the microwave and A/C. It is also used to charge our two 6V batteries which run the fridge, lights, etc. for up to 3 days without a recharge.
An all-electric camper towed with a gas powered car that needs a propane powered generator to recharge. Hmmmm.
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #65

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Eggcamper
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by widgetwizard View Post
An all-electric camper towed with a gas powered car that needs a propane powered generator to recharge. Hmmmm.
Yup, we've got it covered
Ruban&Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:22 PM   #66

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster and 2012 Lil Snoozy
Kansas
Registry
Camping

Whether it be electric or propane, it doesnt matter.
The idea is to get away and enjoy and make memories.
Rich and Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #67

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
The longer the trip both in time and miles, the more likely you will have several/many nights without electric hookups. Our upcoming trip to AK includes National Park camping, both in the US and Canada, and state and province park camping as well; none of it will have hookups. At most, we will have electric hookup on about 1/3 of our nights. We would have had to change our route dramatically if we wanted a hookup every night.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:20 PM   #68

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Different situation, different tactic - but the original owners of our all-electric 2010 EggCamper used it primarily for touring Canada and Alaska, mostly on the move every day, boondocking most nights. To complicate matters, they both needed their own CPAP machine through the night. They modified it to have three 12V batteries on the tongue with a 1000W inverter located near the bed, and they upgraded to a high amp output alternator on their Hyundai Santa Fe tow vehicle. The three batteries would power their two CPAP machines through the night, and their Santa Fe had no problem re-charging the batteries as they headed on down the road during the day. They told us the also nestled a crock pot down in the sink bowl and had a hot meal for dinner cooking in the camper while traveling, and their electrical system handled that fine, as well. Not stationary camping, but their modified all-electric setup worked great for them as they wandered the Yukon and beyond....
Old 07-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #69

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Rei View Post
Whether it be electric or propane, it doesnt matter.
The idea is to get away and enjoy and make memories.
The discussion of it matters to many which is why forums get formed. There are dark, mysterious forces at work when we make decisions so those decisions must be reinforced and also justified with extra discussion among peer groups

May the force be with you.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:58 PM   #70

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Rei View Post
Whether it be electric or propane, it doesnt matter. The idea is to get away and enjoy and make memories.
But method does matter! Just try to tell my wife that a hamburger is a hamburger and it doesn't matter if it's grilled on a charcoal or gas grill!
Old 07-07-2018, 10:48 PM   #71

Name: Scott
Trailer: Escape
Washington
Generators are obnoxious. As are posts that vanish, obliviating context.